Pulling the trigger on the Apex

Zotalpha

The only possible upcoming competitor to Apex I'm aware of is the CoralVue HYDROS Control product line that is expected to arrive in Q1 - Q2 of 2020.  However, the official specs and features are still vague, and I'd be hesitant to rely on a brand new product with little to no community support.  The recent collapse of MindStream and Vertex Cerebra are good examples of new products that didn't have the momentum to survive.

Full disclosure: I'm an avid Apex fan, participate heavily in the Neptune Community Forums and Neptune Facebook Group to help other Apex users world-wide to solve problems or brainstorm on creative solutions, and wrote the 8-part Apex programming tutorial series here on PNWMAS and Reef2Reef.  I've been using my extensive Apex setup for almost 2 years now with great success.

If you do pick up an Apex and want any assistance setting it up or help with more advanced programming, feel free to shoot me a note.

screencapture-apexfusion-apex-5a8e6a89da66a01d4fd13d89-2020-01-12-19_57_04.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zotalpha said:

Cool thank you all for the info, I just ordered the apex EL from BRS.   

Thanks again!

You won’t regret it I’ve loved mine. You can set things up so it’s a simple setup or you can get really into the programming.  Easy to set up and really suncrestreefs thread is very very useful throughout. 

Edited by Lazyreefer
  • Like 1