Game changing dosing/peristaltic pump?

Higher Thinking

The new Ecotech Versa looks amazing. I think I'll look to get one to use with my calcium reactor. My only hesitation is overall sound. It's tough to gauge though because the phone is right next to pump. It doesn't seem too loud unless it's pumping high ml per minute. The software on this thing is impressive to say the least!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well if you do build your own here is a video of how the versa is made.
https://reefbuilders.com/2019/10/30/ecotech-marine-versa-dosing-pump-will-start-at-150/
Was it just me or was the guy making the video kind of obnoxious? I felt like he kept interrupting the guy and getting his own knowledge of the production out there whenever possible. I kept thinking, Hey man, that dude is the mastermind. Let him talk, not you.
It looks pretty cool for auto water changes, auto topoff, and Ca reactors, but I'm not sure about for dosing smaller quantities from multiple channels. It would be $600 for 4 channels of dosing. And I thought my 4 channel GHL doser was expensive!
That's definitely a solid point. Although BRS sells their pumps for like $100, right? And those things seem to always be a go-to item. Dropping a little more flow to do everything these do doesn't seem that unreasonable if you're spending $100 on the BRS pumps.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1