Lighting Decision Time

fpd4308

Right now I have an SPS dominant 48x24x12 lagoon with two xr15 g4 pros over it. I just dont like the coverage so here is the decision:

Do I add another xr15 or get one of the t5/led hybrid fixtures I can mount my 2 current xr15s in. By the time I buy t5 bulbs and the fixture it is about the same price so just wondering if anyone had any thoughts one way or the other?8c4670644ae158e67e666bef785f840b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I just added the T5 hybrid with my XR30s and highly recommend. Adding another XR15 isn’t going to do anything for the shading that T5 will eliminate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Bill. That is kind of what I thought too. Glad to hear the confirmation.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I have always been happy with the T5s and the color and growth.  Yes you have to change the bulbs out over time unlike LEDs but I like the look.

Heres my Frag tank build. Too bad this light is buried in storage right now or I would give you a deal. Tank had same dimensions as yours. There was some shady spots on the end but that was intentional as I have always been a chalice lover and that’s where I put some of my chalices and other lps. 

• Like 1