Hello Hello

Silentjay

Happy holidays everyone.  Just thought I'd do a quick little introduction.  I moved to Lake Oswego from Denver 7 years ago.  I use to have a small 30 gallon reef tank that I was forced to give up when we moved.  Since then, life and kids kind of got in the way of restarting a tank.  Now that the kids are older,  I'm looking to handle some unfinished business and setup my dream tank.  Really looking forward to meeting some of you and possibly getting some help for some of the more intricate aspects of this incredible hobby.

How did you hear about Pnwmas?

The Google machine

How long have you been in the hobby?

I’ve been out of the hobby for 7 years.  Prior to that, I have about 2 years of experience keeping a reef tank.

Who inspired you start up a tank?

I purchased a Fluval Evo 13.4 gallon AIO for my daughter last year.

What size aquarium or aquariums do you have?

Aside from my kid’s Fluval, I have a Red Sea Max e170 that’s been waiting for water.  After doing some research, I’m considering setting up a shallow reef tank.  A 16” depth seems perfect for playing with all the cute little… for doing maintenance.

What livestock do you have?

Nothing ATM but would like to purchase a RBTA and a pair of clownfish, and add a clam in the near future.

What is your dream fish?

I’ve always loved the Achilles Tangs but cringe at their tank requirements.  I’m not sure I can handle keeping a 180G or larger.  Maybe if all goes well over the next few years and my powerball numbers come through I’ll plan for a much larger tank.

What is your dream coral?

I love Lobos and Acans.

Anything else you would like to add?

I’ve spent a lot of time researching stuff and it's pretty exciting to see how this hobby continues to evolve and change throughout the years.  I'm very much looking forward to getting started again after so many years away.

Welcome!  Glad you found your way here and hope you are able to take advantage of the plethora of advice and experience.  I would keep an eye out for the (roughly) monthly club meetings as that is a great way to meet some of the more active members and get some detailed advice/tips as needed.  There is a lot of useful material hiding in the various archive threads that also makes good background reading if you are so inclined.  We are lucky to have a lot of very helpful vendors here in the local area (see our members map for locations) who are also great at providing input so you shouldn't be without advice!  Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide on.

• Like 1