Baby clowns percularis

talkalot82

So I now have clown 5 month to 24 days old. Soon too have another clutch hatching. Just about 200 fish. They are growing out in two 10 gal tanks.

I hatch till about 24 to 30 days in a 20 gallon Ada tank. Then they move to a filter tank after a certain size and Metamorphosis. 

They look like saddle back clowns but orange with a third stripe. At day 6 of life they start TDO reef nutrition. While still once a day live brine shrimp. Before that they eat Marine live rotifers. 

Rotifers are fed nanno green water. I try to keep them eating as close as nature's food to start off. But tdo reef nutrition is one of the best foods you can feed. I'll swear by it. Reef nutrition tdo pops the fish coloring. Mind you my clowns are really red maroon color until about a month of age. But after that nice orange. 

Truth that clowns can be together. As long as only one male one female. And rest juveniles. I have no issues. Only one of my clowns nip. And that's my female. And rarely does she. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. That and my hands been in the tanks since day one. The clowns will even swim to my hands and in them. 

20191219_025959.jpg

20191219_025956.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, talkalot82 said:

It would be nice if someone wanted a clown only tank. It's wierd but I'd hate to see the family split up. After their 4 am cleaning, and 7 am feeling. Lol

I don’t blame you lol, you went through a lot raising them and no doubt would have some sort of attachment. Might be tough to find someone to take them all though but it would be a cool tank I’d think. 

• Like 1