Member Map

SuncrestReef

Since we've had some new members join the group recently, I wanted to point out our Member Map feature again.  We currently have 50 members and 25 businesses listed on our map, which makes it more convenient when coordinating with Classifieds or just finding shops you haven't been to yet.  Please feel free to add yourself to the map here:

http://www.pnwmas.org/membermap/

You can be as specific or generic as you choose when listing your location.  For example, you can list your full street address, or you can just list the city.

Happy reefing!

1 hour ago, shaywood said:

No offense, but I've asked twice about my membership status to determine whether my membership has expired and don't even get a response. 

Not sure if this was missed somewhere but we were just discussing this issue at the meeting. It currently isn’t clear if our membership roster is reflecting renewal dates correctly.  Your profile indicates you are a supporting member - which suggests you are current but we need to check to see if the site is really tracking appropriately. 

@Jeremevans @TheClark we need to dive into this by looking at some payment data and site settings as it has come up several times. Perhaps John could help out with this @SuncrestReef

6 hours ago, albertareef said:

Not sure if this was missed somewhere but we were just discussing this issue at the meeting. It currently isn’t clear if our membership roster is reflecting renewal dates correctly.  Your profile indicates you are a supporting member - which suggests you are current but we need to check to see if the site is really tracking appropriately. 

@Jeremevans @TheClark we need to dive into this by looking at some payment data and site settings as it has come up several times. Perhaps John could help out with this @SuncrestReef

If you click the menu at the upper right, then select Store...Orders...it displays your order history.  I found that my only order was in August 2018, so I am overdue.

Is there any mechanism for renewal reminders?

F600629C-7E75-4938-A0D8-3BAE71C8A437.jpeg

4 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

If you click the menu at the upper right, then select Store...Orders...it displays your order history.  I found that my only order was in August 2018, so I am overdue.

If I remember correctly, there was a renewal system that was part of the site but at some point it wasn't playing well with the PayPal autopay feature leading to people getting double charged hence got turned off.  This is quite a while ago so I may have it wrong or things may have changed.  One question would be whether or not the order history on the store page actually captures renewals through the PayPal autopay or not - which is why we need to take a look at that data side by side with the PayPal data @Jeremevans @TheClark

Probably should move this discussion to the officer/BOD section but did want @shaywood to know that it is a topic of discussion - just don't know what the full answer is at this point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 5:36 AM, SuncrestReef said:

Regular members are reminded by the fact that they will no longer see the members sections.   Unfortunately, board members supersede the system.   I will see what we can do about that.

Jay

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nicknjo said:

Not seeing the option anywhere in the menu for membership. Do I need to meet a post count first or something?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I believe you should be able to see it. Do you not have the “store” option on either the horizontal navigation tabs (desktop) or in the hamburger drop down (mobile)?  

I believe you should be able to see it. Do you not have the “store” option on either the horizontal navigation tabs (desktop) or in the hamburger drop down (mobile)?  
Correct, well using tapatalk at least I have no store option

10 hours ago, Nicknjo said:

Ok I see it now. It doesn't populate in tapatalk for some reason. Works fine on desktop version

Glad you found it. There are ongoing integration issues with tapatalk and our platform -  usually having to do with logins.  The mobile site is pretty good as a stand-alone but, obviously doesn’t give you the integration with multiple other sites that tapatalk does. 

7 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Glad you found it. There are ongoing integration issues with tapatalk and our platform -  usually having to do with logins.  The more vile site is pretty good as a stand-alone but, obviously doesn’t give you the integration with multiple other sites that tapatalk does. 

The “more vile” site?  Are you referring to some of @pdxmonkeyboy’s comments? 🤣

(I assume you meant the mobile site)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1