Upgrading to Apex 2016, Anything I should be aware of?

MorseReef

Hello,

I am upgrading my apex classic to the apex 2016.  

Is there anything I should be aware of or should I just copy my programming over for each device?

Is there any features that are different or new that might be of interest?

I am planning to have both up and running on my tank before I take the classic off line. 

The fundamental operation is the same.  There are a handful of new features and improvements:

• Per-output watts and amps monitoring on the EB832, including referencing those values in program code to control outputs
  • All EB832 outputs are relay switched, so you don't have to worry if a low power device is attached on any ports which was a problem on older EB's
  • Built-in 1Link and 24v accessory ports on the EB832
  • Built-in WiFi, though I still highly recommend using an Ethernet cable if you can since it will be much more reliable than any wireless network
  • More features are directly accessible through Fusion so you don't need to access the Apex.local dashboard very often
  • You can create single virtual outputs directly through Fusion rather than creating whole virtual EnergyBars
  • The new Apex allows you to connect the Trident and EB832.  Older Apex models don't support those modules.

If you had a Display module and plan to get rid of it, be aware that the SndAlm and SndWrn outputs for audible alarms won't be heard unless you keep your Display module plugged into the new Apex.  EmailAlm still works fine without the Display.

I'd recommend saving your System Summary report as a PDF file to make it easier to copy & paste your programming.

If you intend to keep both Apex units online at the same time, be sure to rename the old Apex hostname in the Network settings prior to connecting your new Apex to your network so there's no conflict in hostnames.

Let me know if you have any specific questions or run into problems.