Heater controller paid off

talkalot82

I have  a inkbird heater, chiller controller.

On Black Friday on my big tank at 5 a.m my heater went out. Just stopped working. I run 800 watts  of heaters in my tank. It's a large aquarium in a unheated garage .

At 5 am I'm in bed asleep. My Inkbird alarm went off. Beeping. My tank went down to 74 degrees, and dropping. My alarm goes off at 74.0f. 

I would have never known the tank was freezing without the beeping. I wouldn't have seen it till the lights came on at 5pm.

I have five tanks in the garage each one of them have one of these on them. It paid off I lost nothing. I had to run to the store and buy a heater for 50 bucks. And I wish that I could have waited to buy it on Amazon cuz it would have been cheaper. But I didn't lose my fish in my Coral. Or am I breeding clowns.

The inkbird heater, chiller controller officially paid for itself. It's a must-have. Nobody wants to wake up in the morning to everything being dead. And I heard it in the back bedroom the farthest room from my garage.

Also on my juvenile clownfish tank it went off last week as well. I have over 50 clownfish in that tank. And my 75-watt heater was not enough for the cold.  I was able to put another heater in there temporarily until I got a 150 watt. It's a 10 gallon tank. It's just really cold in my garage. So that one paid off as well.

I highly recommend to people get a controller for their heater and chillers. You can get them a rather low cost on Amazon. And they keep really good temperature turning on my chiller and my heaters. And alarming if it gets too warm in the tank or too cold in the tank.

15751906208366686091085549037182.jpg

Edited by talkalot82
Added
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

itc-308s inkbird. Its probe is the one that is designed for aquariums. I think its On sale today for cyber week on amazon. They make others, but if you read the reviews people always have to change the probe to this one for salt water or they go out.  And the probe by itself can be 7 bucks. so in the long run price wise just spend a little more and get it right the first time.

they have a warranty on them and really good customer service too. I had to calibrate mine for my baby clown fish tanks. They need to stay at 79.0f, and it was off by .3 degrees.   but all you need to do is hit the set button and hold it down and it will take you to all the settings. first one is the temp you want it set to. Then I believe it goes to the adjusting temp that you want it to  flux to. so i have most of mine able to go down to 78.0  before the heater turn and go to 80.0 before my chiller will turn on. next is the calibration if you need to . last it has the option to change c to f.  

The only thing I wish it had was more plugs. It only has one plug for heater and one plug for the chiller. I have three heaters in my tank due to its size.  I had to get a power strip. It's only a three plug power strip however. Quite small.

Edited by talkalot82

I have two 300w and one 150wt heater plugged in to a one inkbird . Ive done it for years.  Mind you I use a really good power strip. That's my display tank and sump. So it's big. And in the garage. 

I see videos with people running inbirds with reptile tanks. They run all their heaters with one inkbird too. 

My baby clown fish tanks run them too. But those are 10 gallons, and 150w heaters. Garage too so it gets cold out there.

I tried to run a 75w heater in the 10 gallons but when it froze be the other night again my inkbird alarm in the baby tanks went off. So I bought 150w for their tanks.  Glad it did, There are hundreds of clowns in there.

No one wants dead Nemo's in the morning. 

Edited by talkalot82