What with his eye

BeardUp

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

It is a bacterial infection.  You can take him out and treat and it should go away in a week or so. 

Dang it! I was afraid of that. It's only the one eye and has gotten better but not 100% yet. 

This is my first sick saltwater fish, so is this a copper treatment in the hospital tank or do you have something you recommend? 

15756840552611961586746106828815.jpg

not copper.  If it is clearing up on its own then I would just see how it progresses.  It is effectively just like us, he bumped his eye into something and it got infected.  I see this more with freshwater fish. Typically you would treat with melafix which is a gentle antibiotic made from tea tree oil I believe.  If you wanted to be extra special kind t your fish you could put him in a bucket of water with melafix in it.  It is essentially neosporin for fish.  While they claim that it doesn't upset the biology in the tank.... its an antibiotic so, "they" could be completely full of it. 

Melafix is cheap and good to have around.  If you see a fish with a cut or abrasion that is red around the edges a little melafix can help them out.

Cheers

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2