Trouble setting up APEX EL wirelessly page 404

reefnjunkie

I’ve searched Neptune’s Forum and am not finding any past threads on the issue I’m having amen ive posted this question over there but thought I’d give a try here as well

I’m trying to set up an EL wirelessly using my iPhone. I follow the directions via “getting started” from Neptune and when I go from the point of plugging in APEX to a power source and then choose “wireless” followed by the device/platform the next page that loads is the 404 error page not found.

I tried it also on my IPad as well as a PC notebook every time I get the same 404 error.

FWIW, I’m trying to hook this up for someone who is out of town and I don’t have access to their router so wi-fi is the only option for now

Hope that makes sense

5 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

That’s just weird  the EL is the easiest Apex I have set up. It literally took less than 10 min to have it online. I would put a ticket in with Neptune and have them assist. 

Thanks for the great news, glad it’s the easiest you’ve done!!!

#finger

The trouble ticket is what I was planning but thought I’d see if there was a process to try 

problem is it’s at residence in Ridgefield so coordinating the remote session is a challenge (for Neptune to take control remotely)

ive hooked it up at my place by seeing what IP addy it’s using thru my router but I don’t have the sign in/PW for the router we’re its needing to be hooked up

i never claimed to be an APEX person 😡

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

Have you tried downloading the latest Fusion app on your iPhone?  They just updated it last week and the new version has streamlined Apex setup.  See this video for a demo (skip to 21:00):  

I have not, I will take a look thanks

(you know Im messing with you @The ReefBox )

Whats the chance this would work;

I can hook up the APEX  (wired) to their router and I have a display I can take to then see what IP address the apex is using. I can hook up my laptop to their router and then type that IP address on my laptop which should ( I believe) take me to the apex sign in where default is   admin 1234 then I can link it to fusion

Thoughts @SuncrestReef

11 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

(you know Im messing with you @The ReefBox )

Whats the chance this would work;

I can hook up the APEX  (wired) to their router and I have a display I can take to then see what IP address the apex is using. I can hook up my laptop to their router and then type that IP address on my laptop which should ( I believe) take me to the apex sign in where default is   admin 1234 then I can link it to fusion

Thoughts @SuncrestReef

Yes, if you're able to connect both the Apex and your laptop with network cables to the router, you should be able to access it by just typing http://apex.local without even knowing the IP address.  Or you can use the IP address if you choose.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Yes, if you're able to connect both the Apex and your laptop with network cables to the router, you should be able to access it by just typing http://apex.local without even knowing the IP address.  Or you can use the IP address if you choose.

Or John being the swell guy he is could meet you for the mere cost of a few snails and show you how it’s done😂

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, reefnjunkie said:

Thanks for the great news, glad it’s the easiest you’ve done!!!

#finger

The trouble ticket is what I was planning but thought I’d see if there was a process to try 

problem is it’s at residence in Ridgefield so coordinating the remote session is a challenge (for Neptune to take control remotely)

ive hooked it up at my place by seeing what IP addy it’s using thru my router but I don’t have the sign in/PW for the router we’re its needing to be hooked up

i never claimed to be an APEX person 😡

#finger back at you @reefnjumkie 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:02 AM, reefnjunkie said:

I see that Joe from Neptune helped you out on the Neptune forums.  I didn't realize the 404 error you were getting was actually from Neptune's own site.  I thought you were getting that from the Apex itself.

Like Joe mentioned, it's definitely worth downloading the new IOS app.  It really does make setting up a new Apex much simpler (including the older Classic and Jr models) and eliminates the need for any link tokens.

57 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I see that Joe from Neptune helped you out on the Neptune forums.  I didn't realize the 404 error you were getting was actually from Neptune's own site.  I thought you were getting that from the Apex itself.

Like Joe mentioned, it's definitely worth downloading the new IOS app.  It really does make setting up a new Apex much simpler (including the older Classic and Jr models) and eliminates the need for any link tokens.

I will be attempting to get it hooked up in about 25 minutes I’m on my way now 

I did install the app and the first page that loaf is the list of all the APEX units  control I don’t see within the app a “setup “ (this is the screen shot from the app)

As much as the way I describe will work ideally wireless is preferred, I’m not sure what I’ll run into when I try ( or how I do it) to switch from wired to wireless 

40B2229C-ED8F-4109-A037-7141963F832E.png