badxgillen

December Meeting 2019

Well folks, it is getting closer to the end of the 2019 year and you know what that means for the PNWMAS club don't you!?

The December Holiday Party!!!

Where - Walery's Premium Pizza 1555 Edgewater St NW, Salem, OR 97304

When - December 14th Saturday from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. 

What - Meet and Greet, Gift Exchange, Raffle, Food, and Fun!

As usual, the club will order a few pizzas and pitchers to get the festivities started off with, but with the counter to the pizzeria just 15 feet away you should be able to get whatever you need conveniently. Being a pizza fan I like finding what a friend likes and going in on a pizza to share, variety is the spice of life right?

And for those who are new to the annual event know that we will have a White elephant gift exchange to get in on! To participate we recommend bringing a wrapped item someone might appreciate of a $10-$15 value. We will draw numbers to dictate the order of handing out the gifts, and allow for one optional "theft" of a previous opened present per person. If you have not participated in a white elephant gift exchange before, this may all sound funny, but I assure you it is a riot of a game where everybody has a good time and walks away with something to remember.

In addition to the gift exchange and all around festivities we will have some amazing prizes from our awesome sponsors and our PNWMAS club, you know we never disappoint. So make sure to grab some extra raffle tickets and win it big!

Stay tuned for more updates and additions to the raffle prize roster, you all know the PNWMAS December party is always a Hoot!

• Like 9

Should be able to make it! You know I love a good raffle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CoralReefTankers said:

New to the PNWMAS family.....Is this family friendly? My boys are 8 and 9.

Indeed. There are typically at least a few younger folk at the holiday meeting.  While there aren't specific activities planned the location has a game room if they happen to get bored with reef talk 😁  There will be beer there just for full disclosure.  Here is the website for the venue... http://waleryspizza.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoralReefTankers said:

New to the PNWMAS family.....Is this family friendly? My boys are 8 and 9.

Welcome to the club!  Looking forward to meeting you at the party.

Be sure to post in the Introduction thread for your chance to win a free frag!  See details here:  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/46142-new-membership-drawing/ 

14 hours ago, albertareef said:

Indeed. There are typically at least a few younger folk at the holiday meeting.  While there aren't specific activities planned the location has a game room if they happen to get bored with reef talk 😁  There will be beer there just for full disclosure.  Here is the website for the venue... http://waleryspizza.com

Awesome, thanks for the info. My boys are excited, they sure love pizza? 🍕

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Welcome to the club!  Looking forward to meeting you at the party.

Be sure to post in the Introduction thread for your chance to win a free frag!  See details here:  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/46142-new-membership-drawing/ 

Thanks I will definitely post some more info about us. We are excited to join a community of fellow Reefers! 

• Like 2

Anyone need a new BRS Reverse Osmosis Water unit!? Because we will have one in the raffle this December meeting!

BRS RODI unit.jpg

We all need good clean water to start our aquariums with and these guys get the job done.

Already got one!? Well then, just stay tuned for some of the other goodies we will be adding to the raffle roster, I think this year we will have a little something that everyone can use.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, badxgillen said:

Well then, just stay tuned for some of the other goodies we will be adding to the raffle roster, I think this year we will have a little something that everyone can use.

Indeed - some really nice raffle prizes this year (or so I've heard 😁).  You will definitely want to make sure you find time to make it down to the party if possible.  

• Like 1

Or maybe some one out there could use a little lighting upgrade for their system, something like a...

Reefi DUo Extreme LED light.jpg

REEFI Duo Extreme LED!

I have to admit, I have been wanting to try one of these myself since they hit the shelves earlier this year. Always fun to play with new technology that is functional, and looks good too.

Whats that!? You don't need a new light? Then just wait until I tell you about a couple more awesome raffle prizes that will be at the December holiday meeting.

• Like 5

These are sweet lights!  We are lucky to have Daniel as part of the club so we get to see these beauties in person. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, albertareef said:

These are sweet lights!  We are lucky to have Daniel as part of the club so we get to see these beauties in person. 

Yes, these are excellent lights!  Some lucky winner will discover that soon. 😊

8C9EF612-B75C-4C92-B434-9004742CEC0B.jpeg

• Like 2

I do love my raffles I’ll be there throwing down some $$

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paratore said:

I do love my raffles emoji41.png I’ll be there throwing down some $$

Will be good to see you man!  We will make sure to bring some extra tickets so we don't run out 😁

• Like 2

Will be good to see you man!  We will make sure to bring some extra tickets so we don't run out 

Been a long time since I could make a meeting. But the nursery is finally closed on Saturday and the meeting is about 15 minuets from my house!

• Like 2

For anyone following this thread that is interested in trades or sales, I just posted up a thread. Go check it out and get some trades or sales lined up!

• Like 1

Just a reminder, this annual meeting is under a week away, get that day marked off on your calendar ASAP if you have not already. And with that being said, here is an update on those much sought after raffle items the PNWMAS club has lined up.

Now for those of you who already have a nice RODI unit and top notch lighting systems and such, maybe you could put to use a decent controller unit...

apexel-neptune-systems-title.jpg

Such as a brand new Neptune Apex!?

If there was one unit that has been tried and true it is the Apex, just ask a number of our fellow forum member, as they seem to swear by them...

And as a bonus of this raffle prize, our board of directors member SunCrestReef would be lending his technical expertise to initial setup and programming! That will be of a huge assistance in getting things started with the unit itself.

But wait now, you already have a good water filtration system, great lighting, and an automated controller system!?

Then just keep watching, we have another couple raffle prizes in store for this killer December Holiday meeting.

• Like 3

Ohhhh Yeahhhh!!!!  Somebody is going to win this Apex!   If it's you, and you live in the greater Portland area, I will help you with setup in person.  If you live outside the area, I'll coordinate with you to set it up remotely.

Take a look at my Apex programming tutorials to get an idea of what you can do with the Apex:  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/45202-suncrestreefs-week-of-apex-programming/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Ohhhh Yeahhhh!!!!  Somebody is going to win this Apex!   If it's you, and you live in the greater Portland area, I will help you with setup in person.  If you live outside the area, I'll coordinate with you to set it up remotely.

Take a look at my Apex programming tutorials to get an idea of what you can do with the Apex:  http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/topic/45202-suncrestreefs-week-of-apex-programming/

That's an awesome offer!! 

• Like 1