Sponsored review video or not?

danlu_gt

Sponsor review video  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do a sponsored review video for ReeFi Duo Extreme?

• Yes, I like to see ReeFi Duo Extreme review video before I buy. I rather pay a little more and know exactly what I'm getting.
    • No, I rather save $100 ea and read user reviews.

Hmmm.  Seems to me this is a great product and likely to continue to generate good word of mouth advertising so not sure it's worth the price penalty.  I would worry that raising the price point might actually counteract the benefit of the sponsored review.  Then again, I don't run my own business 😁

That’s sounds fishy to me. Like one of those influencers that expects free hotel stays and such. They should be getting their money from advertising, not charging you to review your product. In fact, as I typed that, it made me wonder how they could possible pass it off as an unbiased review if they left it to you to decide how much of a “tip” to give on top of their fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

That’s sounds fishy to me. Like one of those influencers that expects free hotel stays and such. They should be getting their money from advertising, not charging you to review your product. In fact, as I typed that, it made me wonder how they could possible pass it off as an unbiased review if they left it to you to decide how much of a “tip” to give on top of their fee.

I agree with Bill. 

Many reefers are very sensitive to pricing, so I'd worry you might limit any potential new sales by needing to raise the price to pay for a "review".

I keep plugging your lights whenever I can, and I'm sure you have other customers who are spreading the word.  

• Like 1

I agree... I would think they would be happy to review new products to keep and grow their viewer base. I always thought they get paid from YouTube ads.
I agree with Bill. 
Many reefers are very sensitive to pricing, so I'd worry you might limit any potential new sales by needing to raise the price to pay for a "review".
I keep plugging your lights whenever I can, and I'm sure you have other customers who are spreading the word.  
Thank you John. I appreciate you and Andy helping answer questions on the forums and help spreading the word out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@danlu_gt...Just curious, have you contacted any other popular reviewers?  This seems like a pretty sleazy way to do reviews.
I've contacted Dana Riddle when I was in Atlanta. We met up for reef chat at a LFS my brother shopped often. From web search and previous macna talks, I know he has research experiences in coral lighting with lab grade equipments. From my request, he was willing to do his independent review and testing without fees.

I've only contacted a handful of YouTubers. Most do not respond.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I’d take Dana Riddles review over any other “reviewer” any day....
curious as to who the “ influential reef equipment reviewer” is. RB?

That would totally suck if RB and the crew would ask for a kickback just to review lighting.

I've sent an email to them, shortly after@danlu_gt returned from china, they responded with, "we don't review lighting unless we sell them." Wutevs...

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

Reefi Duo Extremes are gaining ground. I'm starting to see more people post about the luminaire, which is good. Like what@suncrestreef mentioned, I too, plug the lights whenever I get the chance. The word is getting out, Daniel, it's just a matter of time before you have to go back to China and build some more!

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Like 1