NateDawg

Notification Issues

Is anybody else having issues where they're not getting notifications that someone has replied to a thread that is set to send a notification if someone does?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Just looping in our admins in case they have any insight into this.  @TheClark @Chief

Ha!  I already tagged them 2 posts above yours.  The big question is whether they'll be notified we tagged them since we suspect notifications aren't working?

• Like 1

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

Ha!  I already tagged them 2 posts above yours.  The big question is whether they'll be notified we tagged them since we suspect notifications aren't working?

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Good question but couldn't tell if it was just related to following threads (Holly's situation) or something more substantial.  I did get a notification when you quoted me.  Maybe try pinging me as well and we can see if that works?

3 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Good question but couldn't tell if it was just related to following threads (Holly's situation) or something more substantial.  I did get a notification when you quoted me.  Maybe try pinging me as well and we can see if that works?

Yes, I just got notified when you quoted me.  Not 100% sure there's any problem.  Perhaps it has to do with the "Notify me of replies" option below:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 10.51.58 AM.png

I've never used that before, so I'm turning it on now to see what happens when others post, but without quoting me.

That's my issue as well, quoting works for me but just the general adding onto a thread doesn't give notifications like it used too when you selected the "notify me of replies" slider at the bottom.

After enabling the "Notify me of replies" option, I'm getting messages in my personal email account about the reply, but the bell icon at the top of the PNWMAS site is not triggered.  

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

After enabling the "Notify me of replies" option, I'm getting messages in my personal email account about the reply, but the bell icon at the top of the PNWMAS site is not triggered.  

I think I just fixed the issue, in the notification settings there is a couple options that allows new content in a thread your following to send a notification and for me, this was disabled. Must have been caused by a website update or something.

33 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think I just fixed the issue, in the notification settings there is a couple options that allows new content in a thread your following to send a notification and for me, this was disabled. Must have been caused by a website update or something.

Thanks for finding that!  Yes, I updated a bunch of settings under my account too.

Thanks you guys for following up on this. I actually had a change in my notifications where the bell would show a number anytime anyone I followed posted something. I agree that it makes sense it was something that happened during an update.

Anyway, I did go through all my settings and I think that I've got it set right, but will somebody post on my free palys thread and I'll see if I get notified?  @SuncrestReef @albertareef

2 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Anyway, I did go through all my settings and I think that I've got it set right, but will somebody post on my free palys thread and I'll see if I get notified?

Done!