Notification Issues

NateDawg

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

Ha!  I already tagged them 2 posts above yours.  The big question is whether they'll be notified we tagged them since we suspect notifications aren't working?

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Good question but couldn't tell if it was just related to following threads (Holly's situation) or something more substantial.  I did get a notification when you quoted me.  Maybe try pinging me as well and we can see if that works?

3 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Good question but couldn't tell if it was just related to following threads (Holly's situation) or something more substantial.  I did get a notification when you quoted me.  Maybe try pinging me as well and we can see if that works?

Yes, I just got notified when you quoted me.  Not 100% sure there's any problem.  Perhaps it has to do with the "Notify me of replies" option below:

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 10.51.58 AM.png

I've never used that before, so I'm turning it on now to see what happens when others post, but without quoting me.

1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

After enabling the "Notify me of replies" option, I'm getting messages in my personal email account about the reply, but the bell icon at the top of the PNWMAS site is not triggered.  

I think I just fixed the issue, in the notification settings there is a couple options that allows new content in a thread your following to send a notification and for me, this was disabled. Must have been caused by a website update or something.

33 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think I just fixed the issue, in the notification settings there is a couple options that allows new content in a thread your following to send a notification and for me, this was disabled. Must have been caused by a website update or something.

Thanks for finding that!  Yes, I updated a bunch of settings under my account too.

Thanks you guys for following up on this. I actually had a change in my notifications where the bell would show a number anytime anyone I followed posted something. I agree that it makes sense it was something that happened during an update.

Anyway, I did go through all my settings and I think that I've got it set right, but will somebody post on my free palys thread and I'll see if I get notified?  @SuncrestReef @albertareef

51 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Thanks Jeremy!  The ping worked "The Clark mentioned you in a post" although not sure if that is exactly the problem people had.  I did notice after this came up that I was routinely being logged out of my account on my phone - which hadn't happened for a long time - so was wondering if it might be related.  I will go post in Holly's sale thread and maybe she can let us know if her notifications are working there.

Thanks, Jeremy @TheClark and also Sean @albertareef for doing the testing.  So here is what I got:

Desktop--I have a # on my little bell at the top showing me a notification that you mentioned me, as well as a PM and comments on my Sale post (which I have followed).

Email--I did not get an email that you mentioned me, but I did get an email saying that someone had PM'd me.

Tapatalk (on my phone)--No # on the Tapatalk icon or on the bell, but if I pull up "Notifications" the mention shows there.

This is way better than it was, so thank you.  In my perfect world, I'd get an email about the mention too, but no biggie.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

In my perfect world, I'd get an email about the mention too, but no biggie.

Hmmm.  I will have to play with this some.  I typically get emails re posts requiring approvals but am not sure I ever had it set to email about the other items and haven't "followed" a thread for a while.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Thanks, Jeremy @TheClark and also Sean @albertareef for doing the testing.  So here is what I got:

Desktop--I have a # on my little bell at the top showing me a notification that you mentioned me, as well as a PM and comments on my Sale post (which I have followed).

Email--I did not get an email that you mentioned me, but I did get an email saying that someone had PM'd me.

Tapatalk (on my phone)--No # on the Tapatalk icon or on the bell, but if I pull up "Notifications" the mention shows there.

This is way better than it was, so thank you.  In my perfect world, I'd get an email about the mention too, but no biggie.

So there looks to be a lot of available available granularity to these settings now - I personally don't have those particular actions set to email notification, just notifications through the site - maybe double check?  It's under account settings - other settings - notifications for reference.  You probably already did this but just in case...

42 minutes ago, Gil&Fin said:

Holly, you can enable Email notifications for all sorts of things under your Notification Settings:

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 11.48.11 AM.png

screencapture-pnwmas-org-notifications-options-2019-11-13-11_48_57.png

• Thanks 1