Power outage

SuncrestReef

The power to my house is out, but my generator kicked on and automatically switched over! This is the first actual power failure I've had since buying the generator last year. I've conducted periodic tests, but it's just such a great feeling to experience it for real!

Now I'm waiting to see how long before the power comes back on. The generator is fueled by natural gas, so I don't need to worry about refilling anything.

IMG_4317.jpg
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, albertareef said:

Nice to know it all works as hoped!  Glad you didn't have any hiccups with the setup.  Probably good that it happened while you were there the first time so now you can feel more confident when you are away.

It's funny, I got the generator to be prepared for power outages during winter ice or wind storms. I didn't really expect the power to go out in the middle of a clear, sunny, calm autumn day. I'll be curious to hear what caused it.

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

It's funny, I got the generator to be prepared for power outages during winter ice or wind storms. I didn't really expect the power to go out in the middle of a clear, sunny, calm autumn day. I'll be curious to hear what caused it.

Yeah, I did find that odd.  You are probably all run underground too so not likely a random pole hit.

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

image.png

• Haha 1