Utility Wrasse

Spschampion

I just bought a yellow corris wrasse from saltwater city in Bellevue. Rumor is they occasionally pick on snails, but most individuals don't, and they're supposed to be really good at picking off pests (of course dipping is best, I figure this is just in case).

He's hiding; I expect that woul be true for a few days since I just got it yesterday. But worth considering. A six line is the usual go to, but they can be pretty vicious after several months of feeling at home

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yellow Corris are great “utility” wrasses and are lower priced also. They develop cool face coloration as an adult also.

I would avoid the 6 line if you ever want other wrasses in the future, they can be really mean.

One cool wrasse I had that was a good forager was a red tail tamarin wrasse. Idk if it was just timing when I got mine but I haven’t noticed any in LFS since...

I am in aggreance   Yellow coris wrasses, green coris wrasses, Formosa wrasses and pretty much anything in the halichoriis family is a good utilitarian fish. If you venture my way to the ReefBox I have many to choose from  as I’m sure Jeff and or Patrick or even Terry do as well.

currently I have 

3 yellow coris wrasses

2 Christmas wrasses

1 marble (checkerboard)

2 Formosa wrasses and a couple leapord wrasses oh and a cook pastel wrasse all of which would be a great choice