Trochus snails

I’ve been seeing these become way more popular recently, they are sold out at cuttle fish all the time before any other snails. Any insight into why that is or I guess why you are looking for them specifically?
Can't speak for others or why they sell out at CnC before others, I just like them bcuz they don't bulldoze corals, at least thats been my experience and that's why I like them. They also do a hellava job cleaning all my algae[emoji4]

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Like 1

I believe TPA in salem has some last I checked, though I'm not sure if they have the red banded ones, I saw a quite a few white ones a last week. 

As for why I think they are a good snail, they can correct themselves if the fall on there back unlike some other snails that cant get back over sometimes as well as these guys are able to reproduce in a reef tank pretty easily compared to other snail varieties.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 3:02 PM, danlu_gt said:

I'm also interested in getting some, maybe 50+.  Also, anyone know where to get those giant trochus?  I got 4 when they were 1.5" from CnC and now they're about size of a baseball.  I would love to get more of those.

Roy has some trochus that are bigger than some of his fish.