The dream light for sale

pdxmonkeyboy

Do you have a 6' long tank?  No?  then stop reading.

For those that do have a 6' long tank, or plan to get one.  I am selling one of THE nicest lights for growing corals that you can buy... The Giesseman spectra halide T5 hybrid.  For those that think your energy costs are going to skyrocket or that your tank is going to boil over with heat, I have no other way to say it other than your dead wrong.  In our climate, our heaters run virtually all day and night.  I have never had my water temperature vary more than 2 degrees throughout the day.  In the summer I have a desk fan that blows over the tank when the temp gets to 78.  I have never needed a chiller.  

The spectra has 3 250watt single ended halides and 4 t5Ho bulbs.  The shimmer is terrific and if you can't grow corals with this light, then you can't grow corals, period.  This thing casts THE most even light in your tank, it is pretty crazy.  No LED unit can match this coverage.  None.  Not to mention that it is beautifully crafted and is one single fixture.  I LOVE this thing but I am upgrading to a larger tank.   $1500 new, priced at $1k.  

Don't believe me that it is dope... check out this BRS review of it.. 

If you lived in florida or so-Cal.. yeah halides would likely be too much.  In oregon though... they are Awesome!! 

Putting this up here for a week or two then putting it on R2R.  

geisseman.jpg

geisseman2.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Hanging upstairs at cuttlefish....

Sorry man. Did you find one??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

yeah saw you take it in remember.................

I ended up T5s and LEDs................would have rather went with MH but oh well..............

• 2 weeks later...