Clownfish baby's 3

talkalot82

Some random questions. Have you been able to count how many days from when the eggs are layed to when they hatch? Are you hatching the eggs in the tank where the babies are being raised or collecting them from a different tank they are born in?

This could one was a  super small clutch of eggs. I had about 50 baby's hatch.  And I have 42 baby's now. 

My clutch before I had 150 some hatch, but I lost most when I had a rotifer crash. I made out with about 65. 

Looks like the eggs they have laid now have about 200 eggs. But I'm not hatching this batch, I don't have a empty tank yet.

I use a 20 gallon Ada tank because it's seemless to hatch. Then about day 26, I move  to grow out 10 gallons. I can do about 100 clowns in a 10 gallon.  But I only have 1 Ada.

I pull eggs out before they hatch. The day they are to hatch I pull them rock and all. If you don't mom and dad will eat the baby's before you can nicely pull them or see them. They have to be raised In a blacked out tank. Most people use 10 gallon with 5 gallons of water in it. Or I use 20 gallon with 7 gallons of water. Some people use a 5 gallon bucket with 4 gallons of water

Edited by talkalot82
  • Like 1

Day 23

Today was the first day I checked for nitrates. And it was high when they're juveniles they don't really notice but as they get older they will notice nitrates. Did a huge water change. though I had zero parts per million of ammonia. my tank temperature is still reading 79.8 degrees. So that is good. I'm keeping these babies in this tank a little bit longer than normal so I don't give them shocked when I move them

20191006_004900.jpg

20191006_005113.jpg

20191006_004836.jpg