September at Seahorse Aquarium Supply

badxgillen

Well Folks, it seems to be an end to the summer and the beginning of fall, September is here! And it looks like we have lined up one last meeting before the end of the year's December gathering, and right before the Annual October Frag Festival. 

And Great News!

Seahorse.gif

We will be having the September meeting at the Seahorse Aquarium Supply in Portland.

When?: September 22nd Sunday 1:00 - 4:00

Where?: 106 NE Russet St, Portland, OR 97211

What?: A gathering of your favorite PNWMAS people at a long time sponsors establishment, including food, raffles, and great deals on some very nice livestock.

seahorses-.jpg

So come on out and hang out with some of your fellow club members, see whats been brewing at the Seahorse Aquarium, and maybe get the skinny on the upcoming North West Frag Festival.

• Like 13

Excited to finally have a meeting at Seahorse.  It's been a few years since Terry and Tewsley have taken over the day to day running of the shop for Woody, and now that he has passed, they have been busy making some changes and bringing in a wider range of supplies and products and reformatting the space.  Terry said he would be planning something special for the event so stay tuned.  At the very least, you can maybe meet their new baby - I'm sure he will be learning the ropes of saltwater reef keeping in no time!

• Like 3

Cool location. Reminds me I need to support Seahorse. The only thing in my current tank that I held over from my 2008 tank was the hundreds of pounds of beautiful live rock that Woody sold me. Some really epic specimens for sure. Woody helped give me this addiction that has proven difficult to shake.

Can't say I would ever risk actual live rock ever again. On top of the ecological issues the darnedest things come along for the ride. Letting it sit in the sun for 8 years really does the trick though. None of the aiptasia survived.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, freddyk said:

Letting it sit in the sun for 8 years really does the trick though. None of the aiptasia survived.

This hits close to home.  Mine sat in the driveway baking in the sun and freezing in the winter for 7 years I think.  In my case, it was majanos that were the plague and likewise didn't survive 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I spoke with Terry and he said he was planning to do a promotion at the meeting - $10 off on a purchase of $20 or more for club members!  All the more reason to swing by and check it out.  We plan to have some canopies up in the parking area in front of the shop to give us some extra room for food, mingling etcetera even if the weather doesn't cooperate.  I also heard that Christian (of Moloko fame) might be contributing some beverages to the event (got you covered there @spectra) so hope to see you there this coming Sunday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll still be there!   But the Trident stays at home.

Last week it caught me doing a maint mistake which spiked the Alk.  Was able to manually shut off my CO2 Reactor while at work, and fix once I got home.   Couldn't have done that before the Trident.   (Yes, I'm also fixing this setup so it "can't" happen again. - famous last words)

Just want to give a shout out to everyone that braved the sketchy weather to join us at Seahorse for the meeting yesterday.  Despite the damp, I think we all had a good time and Terry and Tewsley were wonderful hosts.  Christian from Moloko's also chipped in a very nice selection of beverages to keep the vibe going.  Hopefully no one got too roughed up by the inflatable dancing tube man... he got a bit out of control when wet 🤗  I saw quite a few new faces, which is always fun.  Bert made it up from Salem with his leg scooter to join us and bring along some awesome frag packs for the raffle - thanks man!  It was great to see the pres up and around after a rough go of things lately.

Thanks Seahorse!  Hopefully we can do another meeting there in the future...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, albertareef said:

Just want to give a shout out to everyone that braved the sketchy weather to join us at Seahorse for the meeting yesterday.  Despite the damp, I think we all had a good time and Terry and Tewsley were wonderful hosts.  Christian from Moloko's also chipped in a very nice selection of beverages to keep the vibe going.  Hopefully no one got too roughed up by the inflatable dancing tube man... he got a bit out of control when wet 🤗  I saw quite a few new faces, which is always fun.  Bert made it up from Salem with his leg scooter to join us and bring along some awesome frag packs for the raffle - thanks man!  It was great to see the pres up and around after a rough go of things lately.

Thanks Seahorse!  Hopefully we can do another meeting there in the future...

Guess I should have showed up..................just wasnt feeling it............

• Sad 2

It was a great meet all around, good people, great livestock, and wonderful time. Even with my scooter I was able to snap some photos here and there. I still have an onslaught of appointments but I aim to throw some up here later tonight or tomorrow latest.

Thank you Seahorse, and thank you PNWMAS... And Obrien for all the MACNA swag he brought to just give away, Awesome!

• Like 2