Mandarin needs a new home

SuncrestReef

I have two mandarins that had been peacefully coexisting in my tank for weeks, but now it's becoming obvious that they are both males and are starting to fight for territory.  I'd like to give one away before either one is harmed.

You MUST have an established reef tank 50 gallons or larger with a healthy pod population because these mandarins do not eat any frozen or flake foods.  They will only eat live copepods and will starve within days if you don't have pods, and they go through them quickly.  If you're not sure if you have pods, then please pass on this so the fish goes to a known compatible environment.

I'm located in Beaverton.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 2.56.43 PM.png

33 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

How do you sex them? I have a mandarin but i dont know if it’s male or female

I just looked it up, and maybe I’m wrong.  Everyone says the male has a log spike on the first dorsal fin, but mine don’t have that.

7A0D0B18-5F7C-4F03-8305-E7CABA7F83A8.jpeg

Here’s another video of them taunting each other before the fight began:

22 minutes ago, pdxreeftank said:

They appear to be females. I have a male and he does have a large dorsal spike. If they are in fact females I could take the smaller one from you

They appear the same size to me.  The only way I can tell them apart is that one has a notch missing from its tail.

When would you be able to pick up, either at my house or we could meet at Cuttlefish?  My only scheduling challenge is that I'm heading to the coast tomorrow evening through Sunday.  So I could either meet before 4pm tomorrow, or after Sunday 3pm-ish.  I just want to break these two up as soon as possible to avoid any injuries.

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

They appear the same size to me.  The only way I can tell them apart is that one has a notch missing from its tail.

When would you be able to pick up, either at my house or we could meet at Cuttlefish?  My only scheduling challenge is that I'm heading to the coast tomorrow evening through Sunday.  So I could either meet before 4pm tomorrow, or after Sunday 3pm-ish.  I just want to break these two up as soon as possible to avoid any injuries.

We could meet at Cuttlefish tomorrow. At like 11am ish? And I completely understand wanting to break them up asap that looks intense