Tank movers

Blue Z Reef

Anyone hired movers for a larger tank? I have a 210 gal glass tank and stand I need moved from my garage up my front steps and into my living room.

the other part that kind of sucks is I need them to come put it on the stand so I can do a final fill and clean (in the garage) prior to moving it into the house, so it’s going to end up being a 2 part deal 😕

Any suggestions? It was a small miracle my two brother in laws managed to get it out of the persons house I bought it from and to my garage, so the wife says I have to hire someone now 😄

I used a company called NW Specialty movers. 503-381-2795. They picked up Reefer750 from Upscales, delivered to my house  and carried it down 25 steps into my basement. Licensed movers and insured. Would be worth a call for a price. They were very good...

15 hours ago, Higher Thinking said:

Why do you need it on the stand to fill it? Can you just place it on a pad?

Also, I'm sure you can gather the man power if you wanted to move it for free. If money ain't a thing, then I guess hiring isn't a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Honestly, it’s more just for verification I guess. The stand was in ok condition and I basically did a restore and paint on it (it’s a MarineLand stand). With it being over 200 gals, I’d just like to see it full on the stand before bringing it in the house (just paranoid I suppose, my last tank I built the stand so I was more confident in it). I had the tank full on the ground, it’s more for the stand verification I suppose.

My wife wants to hire someone so “no one hurts themselves” 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Honestly, it’s more just for verification I guess. The stand was in ok condition and I basically did a restore and paint on it (it’s a MarineLand stand). With it being over 200 gals, I’d just like to see it full on the stand before bringing it in the house (just paranoid I suppose, my last tank I built the stand so I was more confident in it). I had the tank full on the ground, it’s more for the stand verification I suppose.

My wife wants to hire someone so “no one hurts themselves” [emoji2357]
Yeah those Marineland tanks are SKETCHY. I can't believe how little lumbar actually holds up the top rim of the stand. One thing I did when I had a 180 ML was take some 1x2 lumbar, paint it black, then cut 4 pieces that fit in between the top and bottom rim and placed them around the stand (if that makes sense).

In this picture, you can see where I added two pieces to the front. There were also two pieces on the back. That provided more direct support of the top rim.
1e79de5f5c100c21d3f7f1772d91d3da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

At least it's real wood, pine maybe, but wood. Red Sea stands are little more than Ikea furniture quality with a nice finish. 

Some of the stand is a laminated board of some kind, other parts might be better wood/cabinet grade stuff. Not the best in the world.

now I feel like I should beef it up, here’s a pic in my “paint booth” 😎🤣. You can see that the front face is only held up by the one board and the back by 2. I was thinking of doing more in the back or integrating a controller board of some sort to make things more rigid...sounding like a better idea now 😂 thanks @Higher Thinking

97876AE7-750A-4BB3-86CC-616E30F543A6.jpeg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yeah those marine land stands dont have much.............and the funny part is they only warranty the tank if on there stand...........crazy...........

I re-enforced mine with 90 angle metal braces, some more screws and gorilla glue - but the reality is, I have never had one break. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the tips, stand is now reinforced with 2 additional back braces (1x12’s beefcake!!) I also did some 90 angle brackets in the top corners and may put some underneath as well. Seems very solid now. Far right back area will have a controller board between the posts as well to have things more rigid. Should probably start a build thread...

67E3D3E2-F48A-49BD-81CE-7000A363B9F3.jpeg

247D8EF0-AF8B-44FA-B848-24B772384E6F.jpeg

• Like 2