Tiny anemone or coral? ID please.

SuncrestReef

4 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Looks like little tiny nems.  It also looks like they've stung your Bonsai a little bit around them.  They're so incredibly small though! I wonder if your RBTA split little tiny ones off.  

I doubt they came from my BTA.  The last time it split, I was left with two anemones that were baseball size each.  These are also very different in color than my BTA.

Yes, they are definitely stinging the coral.

33 minutes ago, juan said:

Those kinda look like the manjanos...

This is what I was thinking as well.  Ultimately tore down my previous tank due to these and I think Andrew tore down his 180 as a result of an infestation as well.  Definitely to be taken very seriously.  Don't mean to be alarmist but they can get out of control quickly and, as far as I have experienced, don't seem to have any effective biological control/predator.  Glad to see you had a laser available to take them out.  Keep a close eye out for any reappearance and, if possible, you might even consider removing some rock if they seem to be localized. Bummer.

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

How do you keep the fish out of that laser while you are nuking the bad guys?  Only do it "after dark"?

Partly luck, partly that I don’t have many fish.  They also tend to stay away, I’m guessing due to the crackling sound it makes.  I’m sure it’s pretty loud under water. (assuming fish can hear 🤷‍♂️)

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

Partly luck, partly that I don’t have many fish.  They also tend to stay away, I’m guessing due to the crackling sound it makes.  I’m sure it’s pretty loud under water. (assuming fish can hear 🤷‍♂️)

They sure do!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/34j4WPCGZnFJvj2Xq9NGK7M/creating-an-underwater-soundscape

• Thanks 1

I would be very watchful of those things. If you saw two, there's likely more. They're awful.... The worst.... Absolutely terrible....IF you let them carry on. Do exactly like you did and make sure to stay up on it, and you could be good. That was my mistake, not taking them seriously. Glad you had the laser around.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1