Reef2Reef is disabling Tapatalk access

SuncrestReef

36 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Interesting. Wonder if there any of the tweaks R2R is adopting for their mobile experience would work on our platform @TheClark @Chief

R2R just redesigned their entire site last month and it caused all sorts of problems for several weeks (including the delay of one of my Apex tutorials 😞). 

Theirs is built on https://xenforo.com, so a completely different platform than PNWMAS.

• Thanks 1

Well that's lame. Why people think they can escape targeted ads is beyond me. Maybe there's a benefit to trying, not sure.

At any rate, I paid $15 bucks a couple years ago and haven't seen a Tapatalk ad since.

I imagine they'll see a decent drop off in user activity, but it'll slowly rebound as people transition over.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

I’ve been using their standalone app for close to a year or more I’d say. It works better than their Tapatalk version. But they’re also like 1000X bigger than us too.

Actually, I was surprised to see R2R is only 29x larger than us based on registered members:

R2R = 109,929 members
PNWMAS = 3,735 members

No idea what percentage of those are dormant accounts.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, Higher Thinking said:

Well that's lame. Why people think they can escape targeted ads is beyond me. Maybe there's a benefit to trying, not sure.

At any rate, I paid $15 bucks a couple years ago and haven't seen a Tapatalk ad since.

I imagine they'll see a decent drop off in user activity, but it'll slowly rebound as people transition over.

Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’ve dropped reef2reef myself due to a different reason: censorship and control surrounding gold sponsors. I had an issue with a gold sponsor and needless to say that is not a fun position to be in. They really do have a pay to win platform going on.