Trying to manage the impossible

pdxmonkeyboy

Trying to reach out to the club for some help...

So, the ms. and I have decided that we are tired of paying for our huge house. And I am a consultant and so when the economy goes south, it is a bad time to be a consultant.  And, the economy is overdue for a pretty sizable contraction.  Anywho... I have to take down my aquarium for likely a period of at least a month or two while we sell the house and move into a new place.  

I am going to try and liquidate allot of my small frags and have a plan in place for getting my SPS taken care of, but now I am looking for suggestions for my fish.  I have 6 adult tangs, 6 anthias, scribbled foxface, tailspot, hawkfish, and I think that is it.  I do have a spare 75 gallon I could throw them in.. But that seems like a recipe for disaster.  Maybe a 100 gallon tote with no filtration?  Maybe short term adoption?  most of the fish are fairly replaceable, but the achilies and the 10" sohal are pretty prized by me. 

Maybe I can sell some?  

Adult blond naso tang

adult but small scopas tang

chocolate tang.. very pretty gold-ish

Massive desjardini tang, but he is well behaved

Grade A+ Scirbbled foxface. 

I have some nice rock flower nems.... a HUGE orange one.  

Rainbow bubble tip

A bunch of mid grade zoas

Frammers

some encrusting monitpora.  

A couple high end butt kisser zoas

OG bounce mushroom

Indo dragon soul torches... get your wallet out...

Thoughts? Suggestions?  Condolences?   

Its not all bad news, because if I can sell my custom AGE rimless tank for a decent amount then I am going to build an 8'x4' 600 gallon SPS aquarium with 3 frag tanks and basement sump :)

Bummer man.  After all that creative plumbing and finally getting things dialed in.  I can understand the concern though.  I don't have any brilliant ideas necessarily but might be worth reaching out to some of our LFS who have on occasion been vary gracious about babysitting.  Now about those small frags... 😍

Wow, that's a huge decision, but probably a good financial strategy.  It's such an awesome house, so this is a good time to get the most out of a sale.

I'd be happy to re-home or short term adopt your smaller fish like the anthias and tailspot, but don't think my tank is big enough for any tangs.  And I always have more room for smaller frags.

Good luck!

Man, you went from thinking about moving to dropping the anchor. I assume you've already been house shopping pretty aggressively. Good luck and your current house is really unique and on a great lot, so don't imagine it'll take long to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Willapa said:

Man, you went from thinking about moving to dropping the anchor. I assume you've already been house shopping pretty aggressively. Good luck and your current house is really unique and on a great lot, so don't imagine it'll take long to sell.

Thanks Trevor.  It is indeed pretty rare to have an acre close to the city.  The downside is the price, as that pushes it out of most people 's reach.  It will sell, it is just a question of when.  

I work in WA so moving to WA will give me an instant $8,000 a year salary bump (that is a big tank) LOL.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/11/2019 at 8:19 AM, albertareef said:

So is all that In your frag tank?  What did you do with all the rock. Yikes - that makes me tired just thinking about it!

Not my frag tank, the coral is in an undisclosed location.  Although the presence of my fish may give the location away... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Not my frag tank, the coral is in an undisclosed location.  Although the presence of my fish may give the location away... 

Oh boy - it's like an easter egg hunt!  Do we get to keep what we find?

Actually, now that I look at the pics again I know where that is...