Who has the longest running tank?

SuncrestReef

7 minutes ago, PowderBlue said:

Definitely me..... emoji38.png
Tagging along on this one I’m curious now myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he said longest running - not greatest number 😀  Actually it is an interesting question. Given how hard it is to resist the upgrade bug I will be curious to see who has a long term tank. Mine is only around three years at this point so still getting established 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, albertareef said:

I think he said longest running - not greatest number 😀  Actually it is an interesting question. Given how hard it is to resist the upgrade bug I will be curious to see who has a long term tank. Mine is only around three years at this point so still getting established 😀

I'm guessing @Bicyclebill.or @badxgillen

The longest one of mine has been up for is 4.5 yrs.

Omg, I just woke up to the banner on top of my phone screen saying bicyclebill has the longest...anyway. About 50 lbs of my rock, those pesky hairy mushrooms, the green zoas and dark blue zoas are all about 25 years old. Started with a 55, upgraded to a 60 15 years ago, and have had the 90 in its current iteration for around 7 years. Lessons learned: buy the size you really want the first time and don’t skimp on equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

My current tank (something like 100-120 gallons) has been up and running since 2006.   I upgraded it from a 90 gallon, which was installed in the same spot around 1998.

I found my original drawings for the tank, attached.  I ordered it from Sean at Waves Aquarium.

That puts me at 13years on current tank, 21years on current stand.   

And if you're wondering, the tank has had it's ups and downs.  Some years looks good, some years Not.

Looks good now.

2006 NewFishTank - Slide1.JPG

2006 NewFishTank - Slide2.JPG

• Like 5

Have a 90 acrylic  set up originally with under ground filter  salt fish tank. 36 years now. Over the years its turned into a reef aquarium. Got rid of the  underground filter. Added a overflow and trickle filter. But same aquarium. Didnt even move when we re carpeted. Just carpeted around it. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, talkalot82 said:

Have a 90 acrylic  set up originally with under ground filter  salt fish tank. 36 years now. Over the years its turned into a reef aquarium. Got rid of the  underground filter. Added a overflow and trickle filter. But same aquarium. Didnt even move when we re carpeted. Just carpeted around it. 

Wow!  We may have found our winner.

51 minutes ago, talkalot82 said:

That will be hard to beat - very impressive and congrats on the perseverance!  

• Like 1