Ftritz RPM

Jeramy

Howdy Folks,

Been outa the loop with the forum and all sense I moved to the country no more meetings or local frag swaps n all. But I have reached the end on my bucket on Kent salt and have heard some good things about the RPM any one else make the switch pros and cons  I have always used the Kent salt for the last 10 years this is the first time I have though about switching mostly for the ability to make salt water fast is all . Kinda goes against the nothing good comes fast in reefing policy I have always had but would be a quality of life upgrade.

Thanks in Advance 🤠

• Like 1

Hey Jeramy,

I know we had several users of the Fritz RPM on the forum so hopefully they will chime in with some feedback.  I always hesitate to change things up if one is having success but I can understand the attraction to making things easier given everything else one has to commit time to in this hobby.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

I have heard a lot of things about Fritz particularly alk issues. All commercial salts can have a bad batch even Red Sea so not a bad idea to test once in a while.

If Kent has been working for you I wouldn’t recommend changing it. I know there are members who got on the Fritz bandwagon and regretted it mainly because they didn’t follow the “if it’s not broke don’t fix it” rule . 

I also will never use Fritz salt because they agreed to support our frag show for Tanks for Teachers and when it was time to donate I heard nothing back and they also didn’t respond to two vendors. 

Side note Rod from Rods food personally answers my emails and always delivers and is always willing to support Tanks for teachers and schools in general. 

Lol sorry for the long note! Guess I missed you Jeramy welcome back!

😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been using the 'red' box, now, for almost 2 years. Prior to that, I was using the 'blue' box. Blue box was fine, but my corals preferred higher elements, hence the switch to 'red'. I don't test my newly made batches, never have, and I don't think, I ever will. No problems, thus far. Yes, I've heard of many issues regarding inconsistencies but what doesn't have inconsistencies? When I get a new box of fritz, I pull the entire bag out of the box, roll it around on the floor ensuring everything is nice and mixed up. Not sure if that helps but it works for me.

Kim@Emerald525, wasn't aware the fritz snubbed us like that, them azzhats! That kinda ticked me off. They be getting an email from me shortly...

Anywho, stick with what works for you,@Jeremy.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I have been using the blue box for a mixed reef for six months or so. Seems to be fine but I am not checking each mixed batch. No negative effects noted. I am very concerned with the snub for the club though. I got mine from C and C. I trust them but not sure how they feel about the snub........

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:42 AM, Optimusprime3605 said:

I've been using the 'red' box, now, for almost 2 years. Prior to that, I was using the 'blue' box. Blue box was fine, but my corals preferred higher elements, hence the switch to 'red'. I don't test my newly made batches, never have, and I don't think, I ever will. No problems, thus far. Yes, I've heard of many issues regarding inconsistencies but what doesn't have inconsistencies? When I get a new box of fritz, I pull the entire bag out of the box, roll it around on the floor ensuring everything is nice and mixed up. Not sure if that helps but it works for me.

Kim@Emerald525, wasn't aware the fritz snubbed us like that, them azzhats! That kinda ticked me off. They be getting an email from me shortly...

Anywho, stick with what works for you,@Jeremy.

Sent from Atlantis 🤙

I didn’t want to bring any negativity to the fundraiser. I typically don’t like to call out a business. I can’t personally speak for their product but it’s important to me to support companies that care about the hobby and the future of the hobby. I reached out to them several times and asked vendors to reach out too and got no response. 

@Gumby I have heard Instant Ocean is very responsive and happy to support causes like this so they would be good to hit up if you do another frag show.

• Like 2

My corals seemed to like it when I switched to it. However shortly after moving to fritz I got covered in hair algae and cyano. Nothing would fix it. I even dosed fluconazole 3x. The algae was reduced but would come back hard 1-2 days after a water change. 

Moved to Kent and my tank looks great now.