Percularis clown breeding

talkalot82

Percularis  clown set up. So tank all blacked out with led over it so they can see rotifers. Rotifer buckets ready for rotifers to go in tommorrow. 2 litter bottles for my green water which comes tomorrow. Babys hatch in 2 or three days. 

I use poster board black for aquarium. 20 gallon ADA tank cause it has no silicone  for babys to get injured on. I use about 7 gallons of parents tank water. After they hatch I'll slowly lower water p gravity to 1.021 from normally 1.023.  I use a old 4 bulb led light, so not too strong to scare babys to bottom just strong enough to see food

I use marine rotifers. nanno green water strain with led 3ft shop light 2 bulbs. Also I use phytoplex incase I have a green water crash but only use if have crash. 

On day 5 to 7 I'll introduce baby brine no more than a day old and finely crushed flake food to go with rotifers

20190715_220309.jpg

20190715_220240.jpg

20190715_220226.jpg

20190715_220350.jpg

20190715_220401.jpg

20190715_220158.jpg

• Like 4

Baby hatch in higher parents salinity in nature but swim away fast. Not to be eaten by parents or other creatures to a lower salinity area  where they can be safer. If you don't lower they will be more fatality.

My parents are in a reef tank but I pull the eggs from parent tank before they hatch With parents water. After hatching slowly in next few days lower salinity. I do that by adding water in water changes. I drip method water in. Literally  one drop at a time. It's a interesting  process. 

• Like 3

I'd record it but they only hatch in pure darkness. 

they didn't hatch last night, thinking tonight.  I've never done this breed of clowns before so I'm not sure exactly. After this hatch I'll know.

Air flowing over eggs.

Did start a small 2 litter bottle of green water. Only got one of my starts.

Also got one 5 gallon bucket of rotifers started. Didn't have enough green water to start second bucket  yet

20190717_174005.jpg

20190717_174028.jpg

Edited by talkalot82
Added photos
  • Like 1