What I ordered vs. what I got

Lazyreefer

Just curious if people think this is the same frag as in the picture. Seems to me it’s not but want to get other people’s opinions on it I’m cool with being wrong! For reference my tank has colonies of healthy mushrooms and higher end mushrooms that are thriving in the tank along with sps so It’s not the tank in my eyes. Also this has been in the tank since last Sunday.

CFCD7F95-F48B-4D5F-B89B-72C1C47E1CCD.jpeg

BF83C4BE-03DD-4FE7-ADE9-E5BF3D4A84C3.png

Edited by Lazyreefer

Just now, Lexinverts said:

It looks like two of the polyps might be closed up in your tank. A close up shot would help

Yea that’s what I was thinking but they open up and look fine for a little and they look nothing like the original picture and you can still see most of the rock where as in his pics you can’t see any that the mushrooms are on. I can’t really get much better of a picture then that though of them that’s right up against the glass. Just my thoughts not trying to make a big deal out of it. 

Mushrooms can look dramatically different in size, shape, and color depending on their mood.  I’ve purchased a mushroom in person, and after taking it home it looked nothing like it did in the store for several days.

How long has it been in your tank?

5 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Mushrooms can look dramatically different in size, shape, and color depending on their mood.  I’ve purchased a mushroom in person, and after taking it home it looked nothing like it did in the store for several days.

How long has it been in your tank?

Yea definitely agree I just can’t see how this one would look that dramatically different when the tank, other than this coral is flourishing🤷🏻‍♂️  It’s been since Sunday actually looking back at it. So maybe there is still hope I guess I’ll wait it out just curious what other people would think 

11 hours ago, Lazyreefer said:

Yea that’s what I was thinking but they open up and look fine for a little and they look nothing like the original picture and you can still see most of the rock where as in his pics you can’t see any that the mushrooms are on. I can’t really get much better of a picture then that though of them that’s right up against the glass. Just my thoughts not trying to make a big deal out of it. 

I’m 90% sure it’s the same one, just color is missing before it adapts to your tank.

I've noticed lighting makes a big difference too from tank to tank, I've sold corals in the past and had people wonder why it looks different colored in their tank. And they actually came to my house and bought it so it's the same coral lol, just can look a bit different under different lights. And like someone else said they don't look completely opened yet either. Pictures can make them look different as well, give it a while

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk