Drone footage from my work day...

pdxmonkeyboy

Sometimes being a biologist is kind of fun.  I did some drone flights over this box culvert replacement project in Walla Walla, WA.  The pipe in the photo is the stream diversion pipe.  I had to capture all the fish in the channel and culvert (which the excavator is sitting on top of) and then manage the diversion of the stream into the pipe.  The best part... see that wet soil?  That is wet from a broken sewer pipe.  Yumm!!! 

Anyways, enjoy some cool 360 photos from your local reefer/ drone pilot.  

http://www.pbsenv.com/uas/71071/

• Like 5

I am actually not certain. Likely a 4 sided solid box. Although they dont get a lot of precipitation, they can have rain on snow events and they get massive amounts of flow through those systems. This leads to scour which can undermine foundations of open box culverts if not appropriately armored.

I love walla walla but man of man, they have really really messed up their natural water conveyance and aquatic habitat systems.

All societies pay for errors of the past, but they have really hemmed themselves into a bind out there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk