One Year Anniversary on PNWMAS

One year ago today I joined PNWMAS.  Since that time I have gained a lot of reefing knowledge thanks to many people here, and confidence that I’m doing the right things with my tank based on these obvious results:

July 2018:
IMG_3321.thumb.jpg.3b0495899df82deda973936b84d999b0.jpg

July 2019:
IMG_6627.jpg

At 1544 posts, I’m only 9 years away from catching up to @Emerald525’s post count…provided I can block her from posting anything new!  (now that I have Moderator rights, watch your back Kim!!!)

I have also met a lot of great people here, and I’m really looking forward to the next year!

IMG_6606.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lexinverts said:

Looking great! That’s a lot of progress in 1 year. 

Looks like the monti you got from me a year ago is doing well.

Yes, your monti and goniopora are both doing great!  Each has more than doubled in size, and nice coloration.

Congratulations!! I have to say it’s a dubious honor having that massive post count. When I first started and I saw someone with 10k posts I wondered if they actually worked and had other interests 😂 . (I do but yet here I am posting and have been without a tank for almost a year now)

You have been a welcome addition and I look forward to see what your creativity and knowledge bring  to the board !  I hope you do catch me in post counts !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

At 1544 posts, I’m only 9 years away from catching up to @Emerald525’s post count…provided I can block her from posting anything new!  (now that I have Moderator rights, watch your back Kim!!!)

Hahaha - good luck with that!  I will say, however, that you have been off to a prodigious start!

Tank looks great - really impressive for a year in as a newbie... shows how much time, thought and energy you have put into it.  Congrats and happy anniversary!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, sroberts said:

I am pleased that you are a part of this group.  Your tutorials on the Apex stuff are absolutely fantastic.  I hope you are going strong at the

end of next year!

Agree! Your grasp of technology and willingness to share is priceless 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Weird question:  Why is the back left of your tank devoid of algae while the right is covered?  🧐

Good catch!  My guess is that it's easier to get to the left to clean it due to the tank location.  Someone has some explaining to do 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Good catch!  My guess is that it's easier to get to the left to clean it due to the tank location.  Someone has some explaining to do 😀

That’s exactly the reason.  My tank sits in front of a 4 foot long divider wall that’s at a 45 degree angle to the room.  The left side is easily accessible, but the right side is pretty cramped to reach behind.  I leave my Flipper scraper “parked” on the left side rear wall and use it to scape that section plus the sides and front, but never the right rear.

447B68BB-0BC1-44F4-B981-A582F60C12AF.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Ha! Nailed it - what do I win? 😄  BTW - I should have known you would have a detailed floor plan on hand to illustrate the situation... you set a high bar my friend!

Based on other threads, apparently my purple coralline algae is in demand, so perhaps your prize should be some algae scrapings. 🤣

And of course I have detailed floor plans.  I even have 3D renderings of the room.  Doesn’t everyone??? 🧐

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[emoji23] I've always been impressed with your tank and your dedication to it. And yes you're right about your corraline lol! That reminds me I'll pm you here shortly I'll be in your area in a while if you're available for the snail! Finally heading to C&C today. Been a crazy busy month..

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Saw this tank in person! It really is a marvel. So clean and a high tech automated marvel! Definitely worth a trip. The price of admission is an overzealous crotch sniff from the labrador!😂 

Side note I have been wanting to try the iPhone filters and it made all the difference!

First pic is without the filter and second one is with ! 

C33A63B7-A8E2-4007-97CF-7737EFC1A35E.jpeg8F43DF86-C199-4DFE-8F83-9764501F503E.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Saw this tank in person! It really is a marvel. So clean and a high tech automated marvel! Definitely worth a trip. The price of admission is an overzealous crotch sniff from the labrador!😂 

Yeah, sorry about Cooper...We've tried to explain to him about "personal space", but his reaction is just:

IMG_7536.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

Side note I have been wanting to try the iPhone filters and it made all the difference!

First pic is without the filter and second one is with ! 

C33A63B7-A8E2-4007-97CF-7737EFC1A35E.jpeg8F43DF86-C199-4DFE-8F83-9764501F503E.jpeg

Emerald525,

What filter did you purchase?  I think I need one of those. 

2 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Hahaha!  Well, just as a teaser, we will be having our August meeting at SuncrestReef's abode so everyone will get a chance to check out the killer system, hear about the automation, and get crotch sniffs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MorseReef said:

Emerald525,

What filter did you purchase?  I think I need one of those. 

I let her try out my filter when she looked at my tank.  This one is an AquariClip, but I'm looking to replace it with either the PolypLab Coral View:  
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/smartphone-coral-view-lens-kit-version-2-polyplab/

or the IceCap Stackable Clip-on Multi-Lens Kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Stackable-Clip-Multi-Lens-Kit-Mobile/dp/B07KGFR5JK

The reason I want to switch is that the AquariClip only includes an orange filter, but these others include orange, yellow, and a macro lens add-on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I let her try out my filter when she looked at my tank.  This one is an AquariClip, but I'm looking to replace it with either the PolypLab Coral View:  
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/smartphone-coral-view-lens-kit-version-2-polyplab/

or the IceCap Stackable Clip-on Multi-Lens Kit:
https://www.amazon.com/Stackable-Clip-Multi-Lens-Kit-Mobile/dp/B07KGFR5JK

The reason I want to switch is that the AquariClip only includes an orange filter, but these others include orange, yellow, and a macro lens add-on.

Cool!  Let us know how those work out if you try them!

• Like 1