Moving out of state, any advice?

CrabbyCrabs

On 6/26/2019 at 11:45 PM, CrabbyCrabs said:

You must be heading where I am, safe haven, lol. My trip is only longer as I do it with my 02 Tahoe (220k miles) pulling a 7x16 enclosed. The trip tonight was all my empty tanks/stands and my 2500lbs tool box and a bunch of other stuff. Probably 4k in trailer plus my 350, 60 cube, 170, TV, and other stuff in back of Tahoe. Pulled ok with no weight distribution hitch. Couldn't do more than 65 without killing mileage/high revs. 

If you do the open tote, grab some Saran wrap and wrap the top up to help slosh. I was kinda thinking the same idea. 

We are headed over to the Nampa/Caldwell area. We looked at a lot of places in the area and decided we want to buy a place near Lake Lowell once our house sells. My wife and I are Portland natives but are moving to escape how "awesome" Oregon has become lol. 

On 6/27/2019 at 11:46 AM, CrabbyCrabs said:

Are the styrofoam coolers going to leak if directly filled with water?

That answer is typically yes. I would see if there is some sort food grade bag that is big enough to line them with. 

Are the styrofoam coolers going to leak if directly filled with water?
Hmm good point, I've used them for short periods with water but not like that with heavy rock for long periods. I usually use buckets. On second thought they may be a bit tough to lift with a bunch of rock and water...

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

Girlfriend and I are leaving Oregon's awesomeness too. Heading to the Hayden area. Love all the lakes and mountains. Love being that much closer to Glacier, Yellowstone, tetons. Born and raised in Portland, most of my family is here too. But we've had enough. The dictators in charge of the state finally ran us out with seeing where taxes are headed. And not being safe in our own home due to the drug addicts and homeless which the leaders won't deal with. No traffic doesn't hurt, and being 5 minutes from work instead of an hour each way doesn't hurt either. Also the fact I can buy 20 acres for around the same price I paid for .5 here is nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Both tanks moved. Only lost 2 sps in my tank, one from bicycle bill, the  other was my red planet. Well 2 of my red planets. Although a green Monti isn't looking too hot. My rbta split a few days later. My tail spot is attacking my watchman goby. 

Hopefully have the 350 up this week to move all my stuff, including rock, over.

Girlfriend moved into a 170 I picked up. Everything seems to be doing great there. No losses

IMG_20190809_210311081.jpg

IMG_20190809_210929957.jpg

IMG_20190807_203221873.jpg