Green leafy algae -- ID please?

SuncrestReef

I have a new type of algae showing up on several rocks in my tank. It has a flat leaf or ribbon shape about 1/4" across. It comes off easily, but still leaves a small part stuck to the rock and grows right back quickly. Nothing in my tank seems interested in eating it. (Kole tang, emerald crabs, snails, etc.)

Can anyone help ID it, and any recommendations to eradicate it?

Here are my parameters:

Temp = 78
Salinity = 1.026
pH = 8.0 - 8.4
Alk = 8.2 dKH
Cal = 420 ppm
Mag = 1350 ppm
NO3 = 4 ppm
PO4 = 0.03 ppm

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 10.26.31 AM.png

1 hour ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

Add like 5 more tangs and I’m sure it will go away. Also a few rabbit fish. But seriously, might be time to up your cleanup crew. I have great luck with turbos eating it. 

I've got several tennis ball sized turbos you could borrow... they do great with frags.

• Haha 1

I manually removed as much as I could, and took a toothbrush to the spots on the rock where it was growing.  I'll see how long it takes to grow back.

I also found a lot growing on the magnet bracket of my gyre.  I swapped it out with my spare gyre for cleaning.

8 minutes ago, xmas_one said:

Can’t see pic 😐

There seems to be a technical problem with images on the forum.  I just reported an error to @Chief and @TheClark because I couldn’t upload any new images, but it now appears we can’t view existing images either.

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 1

There seems to be a technical problem with images on the forum.  I just reported an error to [mention=12890]Chief[/mention] and [mention=15306]TheClark[/mention] because I couldn’t upload any new images, but it now appears we can’t view existing images either.
REMAIN CALM!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1