Jump to content
pdxmonkeyboy

I love Portland traffic!!!

Recommended Posts

It is really a pleasure to live in a city with an undersized transportation system.

 

Just watched the Broadway signal cycle 5x, I still haven't made it through the intersection.

 

It gives someone time to read updates on tapatalk.

 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7dc94908693e9841dccc0418d2c86c21.jpg
My morning commute at 630... Bumper to bumper on my side and not a single car for a 1/4 mile on the other side. My way home is basically the same. Gotta love 4 lane freeways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is when drivers like to go 10 mph under the speed limit for no reason.  I run into this every time I’m heading to CNC and for some reason people on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy read the 40 mph speed limit as 30. 🙄😠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big thank you to my husband, for supporting my stay-at-home life of luxury, and driving 90% of the time we go somewhere together. Traffic is a [language filter], and not going to get better anytime soon.

Good luck to all of you battling on the roads day after day. May your lane always be fastest, and any insurance payouts in your favor.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god we may get legal lane splitting here, HB2314. 

Edited by Oregonic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure that's a good thing with how crappy portlanders are at driving. I can see a few more deaths with lane splitting which will cause the morons in control of the state to further reduce speed limits and add more road diets. The people in charge of Portland want no cars, that is their ultimate goal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best way to fix it is to add more bicycle lanes 🤣

 

If they would close the on ramp from the Rose Quarter  so it is not mish-mash of people trying to get on I-5 and I-5 folks trying to get on 84, and close the I-5 on ramp from Jantzen Beach during peak traffic times that would help. 

Edited by Sailingeric
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Oregonic said:

Thank god we may get legal lane splitting here, HB2314. 

I emailed the legislature about that one.  My fingers are crossed, but since ODOT is opposed to it... not sure if it is going to make it to a vote. 

The Rose quarter expansion would help SOOOO much, the people that are getting on I-84 and the City/Center morrison street exits need there own LANE!!   I-5 is essentially one lane through the rose quarter.  And when it is proposed..people say we should focus on alternative transportation methods.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

 

The Rose quarter expansion would help SOOOO much, the people that are getting on I-84 and the City/Center morrison street exits need there own LANE!!   I-5 is essentially one lane through the rose quarter.  And when it is proposed..people say we should focus on alternative transportation methods.  

 

This right here ^

As for lane splitting - I HATED that as a driver in CA but I understand its appeal to motorcyclists.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CrabbyCrabs said:

Not sure that's a good thing with how crappy portlanders are at driving. I can see a few more deaths with lane splitting which will cause the morons in control of the state to further reduce speed limits and add more road diets. The people in charge of Portland want no cars, that is their ultimate goal.

 

7 hours ago, albertareef said:

This right here ^

As for lane splitting - I HATED that as a driver in CA but I understand its appeal to motorcyclists.

The bill will only allow lane splitting on the freeway and the motorcyclist can not exceed 15mph. It would only be relevant in stop and go traffic. The most dangerous thing for a motorcyclist in stop and go traffic is getting rear ended and pinched between 2 cars. A side swipe is substantially less dangerous and causes less bodily harm on average.  Responsible lane splitting saves lives and has been proven to do so world wide. Irresponsible lane splitting is stupid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The bill will only allow lane splitting on the freeway and the motorcyclist can not exceed 15mph. It would only be relevant in stop and go traffic. The most dangerous thing for a motorcyclist in stop and go traffic is getting rear ended and pinched between 2 cars. A side swipe is substantially less dangerous and causes less bodily harm on average.  Responsible lane splitting saves lives and has been proven to do so world wide. Irresponsible lane splitting is stupid. 
This is the truth right there. How many retards are texting, or reading forums in stop and go traffic. 90%. They inch forward, never see the bike in front of them..WHAM!! I would take a 70mph runoff into the brush over a 10mph rear end ANY DAY. Motorcycles dont have whiplash protection like cars do.

I used to never do it but now I lane split ALL THE TIME. I'm not going nuts or anything, just crusing slowly through traffic, giving people the thumbs up that give me a little more space. The call it filtering for a reason, we are using the narrow spaces that you can't. Plain and simple.


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

This is the truth right there. How many retards are texting, or reading forums in stop and go traffic. 90%. They inch forward, never see the bike in front of them..WHAM!! I would take a 70mph runoff into the brush over a 10mph rear end ANY DAY. Motorcycles dont have whiplash protection like cars do.

I used to never do it but now I lane split ALL THE TIME. I'm not going nuts or anything, just crusing slowly through traffic, giving people the thumbs up that give me a little more space. The call it filtering for a reason, we are using the narrow spaces that you can't. Plain and simple.


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
 

Yea I am guilty of doing it in heavy traffic especially when its hot af. Nothing worse then sitting in the hot sun not moving, heat stroke is real especially when you have no roof to provide shade. I may not always be the most responsible rider, my bike identifies as a unicycle sometimes, but when I lane split I do it responsibly and try to be considerate to other motorist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support it for the most part, maybe go a step further and allow them to use the emergency lane? Especially in the summer heat, they don't have a/c. I'm surprised more don't get heat stroke. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m all for lane splitting if people do it safely and are not idiots about it, as far as the emergency lane, that’s all bad, most cars that whip into the emergency lane are doing so in a manner not looking or expecting a car or bike to be mobbing in it, also it’s littered with wood, trash, nails, glass etc.
But just like with irresponsible people in cars, the guys going 80 bobbing and weaving and lane splitting may ruin it for everyone else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just happened to witness a single car double fatality accident on the freeway last night...  stay safe out there people!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...