Sea City Corals

Easy way to get all the reagent out of the Hannah checker packets

Hannah has some of the best paramiter measuring devices. But for some of them reagent comes in a powder form that is in a packet. It is difficult to get all the reagent powder out of the packets. Here is a video on how to make that step much easier. 

Happy Reefing!

• Thanks 1

I've been doing it that way since the first time I used my Hanna Checkers.  Flashbacks to my days in the Navy as an ELT testing steam generator water and reactor coolant.  You could go one step further and rinse the packet out with your sample water but that might be over kill.  We did that with our pH calibration reagent packets.

• Like 1

Captain obvious presents... lol

Using scissors is KEY. If you RIP the packet the rough edges trap reagent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this, I haven't tried folding the packet but it looks like it should work better than how I've been doing it! 

After folding it, I always flick the packet several times before pouring it out to dislodge the powder that's still stuck in the seams.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By marine depot
      How to Control Phosphate Using Hanna Phosphate Checkers and GFO Media

PLUS: New gear from GHL, Eheim, Coral Essentials, and Brightwell Aquatics!

• By marine depot

Hanna Checkers and ESV B-Ionic Giveaway - 24 HOURS ONLY

We are having a giveaway on Facebook today 3/7/19 and will choose 1 winner tomorrow 3/8/19.

There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. You must be a U.S. resident age 18 or older to participate.

ENTER NOW >

• By bamburgb
      So started testing frequently about a month ago (use to just test when things were going wrong which is what started this and trying to get into the habit of regular testing) and my alk, calcium and PH have all been stable (11dkh, 440 ppm, and 8.2) but my nitrates seem to be staying at 80 ppm... I have done 60 gallon water change (tank is a 180gal), started carbon dosing (doing 5mL 2x a day) and upgraded the protein skimmer to a bubble magus curve 7, but my nitrates are staying at 80 ppm... Any ideas would be helpful cause im running out of ideas on how I could lower them... Also have about a 4 gallon refugium. 
      Im using API tests for all 4 parameters, I also tested my RODI water for top off and water changes and that was reading 0 ppm.