Jeff from Vancouver Wash.

Jeffster

Hi, just starting again after 25 year break. I have a 36 and a 60 gallon tank that have been cycled and have fish , a shrimp and Anemone. The 60 is to be a reef tank , it has a green chromis and a candy cane shrimp a striped Blenny and 2 snails. A few more fish and some corals to go. There is a 20 gallon refugium with sand and algae. It’s going good so far. I will post pictures after it gets stocked down the road. I have a lot to learn after taking time off, things have changed since the 90s. Peace to all.

Welcome (back) Jeff.  I think you may have just taken the prize for longest hiatus - lot of us on here have taken multi-year breaks but 25 is a big one.  Indeed, lots of the tech has changed somewhat (it's kind of fun catching up on that) but good husbandry and patience rules as always (harder said than done for sure).  Lots of knowledgable and helpful peeps on here if you run into questions.  Looking forward to seeing pics of the new setups when you get stocked.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

:welcome: Glad you found your way here. There are a lot of folks on the forum that are very knowledgeable in different aspects of reef keeping and all the gear that goes with it.  Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

One of the members here is working on opening a shop in Vancouver so keep an eye out.  ReefBox is the name of the (soon to be opened?) shop if I recall correctly.

You are correct!!  Hard at work getting stuff moved in and set uoup

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, viper55 said:

It’s coming!!! Water is in the tanks and pumps are started. Working out a few kinks and waiting for a few pieces of equipment to show.  My goal is to be open mid July fingers crossed!!

Viper55,

Where in Vancouver is the store? I would love to have a local store again. 

Jeffster,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here willing to help you out. Success is enjoyed by all in this hobby. 

48 minutes ago, MorseReef said:

Viper55,

Where in Vancouver is the store? I would love to have a local store again. 

Jeffster,

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here willing to help you out. Success is enjoyed by all in this hobby. 

Hi there MorseReef

i am located at 12308 Ne 56th St g-1305

its off 4th plain /the street directly across from Bi-mart. I’m hoping to be open mid July. I’ll keep you all updated soon