Yay!! Clownfish Anenome Success!!

TaylorW

This morning I looked in my tank and saw my Clownfish in an Anenome! It happened a lot faster than I thought, I've only had them about 6 weeks and they've never paid attention to any of the anenomes. About three days ago I placed a small rock with a couple small anenomes on it in their sleepy spot to see if maybe they would eventually go for it, I really thought it would take a lot longer. Sorry crappy pic, lights were out. The smaller Clown really gets himself wedged in that nem lol.ec135f91ea50062e3cb75c420281f3eb.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

That’s great!  Luckily you didn’t have to wait as long as I did.
Congrats!
Thanks [emoji4] this was the first thing I've tried so I think I just got lucky their sleeping spot was in the bottom corner, if they slept by a powerhead or something I wouldn't have been able to put the rock there with the Nems on it

• Like 1

Nice! Now enjoy the new snapping clownfish! My Picasso is just a nasty you know what now that she hosts about 8 nems:) We regularly face off, she usually wins. 

Yes I know lol they can be brats[emoji12] it's funny the little male (or what I'm assuming will be the male) tends to hang around them much more than the other. They sleep in them all night but during the day wander around like it doesn't exist a lot more than any clowns I've ever owned being hosted by Nems. All my others tended to stay in it all the time for the most part except feeding time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TaylorW said:

Yes I know lol they can be bratsemoji12.png it's funny the little male (or what I'm assuming will be the male) tends to hang around them much more than the other. They sleep in them all night but during the day wander around like it doesn't exist a lot more than any clowns I've ever owned being hosted by Nems. All my others tended to stay in it all the time for the most part except feeding time.

Since my clowns discovered the anemone, they never leave it except at feeding time, and even then they just dart out to grab a bite, and go right back to the safety of the anemone.  Lucky for me they aren't the biting type.  Any time I put my hands in the tank the only thing I need to worry about is my cleaner shrimp latching on to thoroughly inspect my hands for anything it thinks is delicious. 😂

• Like 1