Want To Buy Blue And Red Mushrooms And Palythoas Grandis

TaylorW

Looking to buy some blue mushroom corals, red mushroom corals and Palythoas Grandis any colors. I've posted some pics of examples. Thanks!c8c84ea98e30cca5e7c84e010f2e808f.jpgf2ade68316bbff904b7c6121b28e12e3.jpgb3401096637beb416f9d782b3b0c3905.jpg32e370a369e5483910145e150ab9bf1c.jpg

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

IMG_20190525_071339.jpg

Edited by TaylorW

36 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

I have a loose lava lamp mushroom from wwc that’s blue with little bubbles and a loose all red mushroom. I also have some palythoa grandis but am kind of scared to frag them... haha 

Pm'd

There was a good chunk of palythoa grandis at the premium aquarium if your ever over that way

I'm trying to see if I can find them a bit cheaper than $30 per polyp if possible, I've seen them in the past in stores for around $25-$35 per polyp but private sellers tend to sell more in the $10-$15-$20 tops per polyp range. If I don't have any luck finding anyone I'll probably just pick some up at a store. Just wanted to check here first. Thanks for the tip though!

My stepdaughter has a huge colony of Grandis that we could frag a few for you for free since you helped me out with the BMW advice .

I think you have the wrong Taylor lol, I just pm'd you though

Ended up buying some pretty green ones from Jeff at Cuttlefish, 3 polyps for a great price. Still consider different colors soon though, the ones I bought just now are mainly solid green like this picture so would still like some of the other green speckled colors and other colors as well543baf5848a7ae5578b1d3085a067f0b.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TaylorW said:

Ended up buying some pretty green ones from Jeff at Cuttlefish, 3 polyps for a great price. Still consider different colors soon though, the ones I bought just now are mainly solid green like this picture so would still like some of the other green speckled colors and other colors as well543baf5848a7ae5578b1d3085a067f0b.jpg

They will often change color depending on your lighting. I notice more of the brown with lower lighting 

• Like 1

I've got the blue and red mushrooms for dirt cheap, but you'll have to go on a road trip lol... I'm also looking for paly grandis, they are very unique
If only you were a little closer lol.

If your in the Hillsboro area I saw some at a store out there..
20190525_112326.thumb.jpg.16019844c126be3e2080d7bf3bfaf75a.jpg
20190525_112257.thumb.jpg.aa3e59c2adc3c1f80365434353d4c9fa.jpg
20190525_112350.thumb.jpg.e08e1d2a194f9660fbda6a37e2fabc6c.jpg
Yes I'll be there next coming payday for the ones in the second pic lol. I happened to already be in the area of C&C and spent a bit more than I planned on other stuff... Tends to happen sometimes

Oh and I was wrong about the colors on the ones I bought, and it's 4 good sized polyps not three, the way the rock is shaped one polyp was facing downward when they broke off a smaller rock for me from the original colony so I didn't even notice it so I got an even better deal than I thought [emoji3] Most stores I've seen sell these for $25-$35 per polyp! Its actually not solid green it's pretty speckled, it looks different under my lighting. I couldn't get a pic lights went out.

I used to pinch off heads of these for trade before I realized they're one of the main culprits of palytoxin.  I still have a decent size colony lurking in my tank but I don't frag them any more.  They're pretty... juicy.  Also if you feed the heads the colony will grow to pest proportions pretty quickly.  I suggest getting it to the size you want and then quit feeding it.  I don't know if you've seen Sanjay's skimmerless system he's ran for 20-something years but he has a Grandis colony in there with heads a full 3-4 inches across EACH.  Gnarly coral!

• Like 3

Wow I have never seen that tank, I've heard they can grow large like that but I've always had palys so I'm aware they can get out of control lol. I take precautions when Fragging them, safety glasses, gloves, never take them completely out of the water when Fragging. I put my hand with a container I'm the tank with the other hand I put the palythoas in container so they never leave the water so it makes it more difficult to squirt you and I like them too much so I guess I'll take the risk. And I have plenty of room for them and I made sure to leave plenty of room because I really like them, if they get out of control I'll just frag them like I always have with my others. I love the unique colors of them, they definitely tend to stand out. But I'll take your advice on feeding them

I’m having some issues with controlling the softie versus hard coral balance in my tank, likely due to small size of tank and large desire for coral. That being said, I’m considering getting rid of a couple of my original reef rocks with expensive colonies of mushrooms or polyps. It’s such a big change and I don’t want to change too much, but it’s increasing in necessity. I’m not sure if I can cut the rocks in half or need to do it whole. I’d paid $100 for the rock originally with mushrooms and polyps and the weight of the massive rock alone (dinner plate diameter and 6 to 8 inch height). I’ve added multiple additional colonies since then to the same rock. Not even sure how to begin pricing or fragging it. It is filled with blue/green/turquoise mushrooms that have purple hints on edges. Maybe 20 full mushrooms, but hard to count. Maybe 80 orange spotted polyps too, a dozen green/striped palys (not grandis). I also have a small rock that is half rastas and half mind blowing palys. I want to keep rastas but am willing to part with palys for cheap (or nothing if someone cuts the rock and frags it for me). I’ll post a pic to follow, but will be from older iPhone 

I’m having some issues with controlling the softie versus hard coral balance in my tank, likely due to small size of tank and large desire for coral. That being said, I’m considering getting rid of a couple of my original reef rocks with expensive colonies of mushrooms or polyps. It’s such a big change and I don’t want to change too much, but it’s increasing in necessity. I’m not sure if I can cut the rocks in half or need to do it whole. I’d paid $100 for the rock originally with mushrooms and polyps and the weight of the massive rock alone (dinner plate diameter and 6 to 8 inch height). I’ve added multiple additional colonies since then to the same rock. Not even sure how to begin pricing or fragging it. It is filled with blue/green/turquoise mushrooms that have purple hints on edges. Maybe 20 full mushrooms, but hard to count. Maybe 80 orange spotted polyps too, a dozen green/striped palys (not grandis). I also have a small rock that is half rastas and half mind blowing palys. I want to keep rastas but am willing to part with palys for cheap (or nothing if someone cuts the rock and frags it for me). I’ll post a pic to follow, but will be from older iPhone   

but I'd be interested in some of the mind blowing palys and some mushrooms, I just can't make any promises of when exactly, I've already depleted my coral fund for this pay period and I already have some corals lined up to buy for next payday so depending on what I have after that and bills... But if you don't mind possibly waiting a bit longer I'd definitely be interestedSent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

I'd be scared to cut into a rock that size, I've always just used the drill holes then tap chisel with hammer method. Have you tried chiseling the mushrooms, palys and zoas out? It's really pretty easy, live rock is pretty soft. I use small flat head screw drivers and carefully chisel under and around them then they come off pretty easy. I just did it on a very large rock in someone's tank to remove three bta's and got them off in seconds. It could be a bit time consuming but if you just want to thin them out some I'd be willing to give it a try if you'd be ok with it. I'd be interested in some of the mind blowing palys and some mushrooms, possibly some of the zoas on the rock too. I just can't make any promises of when exactly, I've already depleted my coral fund for this pay period and I already have some corals lined up to buy for next payday so depending on what I have after that and bills... But if you don't mind possibly waiting I'd definitely be interested but I wouldn't expect you to hang on to anything. If you have no other takers I'd be up to at least thinning them out for you and buying a few.