WTB - Local Pods

fpd4308

I believe The World Of Wet pets in Beaverton used to sell different kinds of them in bottles, I haven't been there in a while though so couldn't hurt to call and ask? I know they sold few types of live foods I used to buy live brine shrimp there. I quit going there though after I saw the guy that works there doing something pretty shady...

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have tons of pods in my refugium.  About once per week I pull out the chaeto and shake it around in my display tank to release a bunch of pods for my pipefish.

I bet the chaeto at most LFS contains pods too.  Maybe you should ask them if you can just shake some out into a bag of water.

In the past before I had my own population I ordered pods from AlgaeBarn.  The jar that arrives looks mostly empty with just a little “dust” floating around, but I confirmed under my microscope that each drop of water was teaming with live pods.

• Like 2

Curious why you want to buy pods? I'm sure someone would be happy to give you some pod loaded chaeto! Are you considering a Mandarin or something? I know there are different types though, I'm sure someone here would be willing to help you out with some. I'm myself looking to purchase a small rock or something from someone's tank that had Amphipods (the large ones)

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk