Cinco de Mayo pics

Even though I am unable to make it to most meetings, I am continually impressed by the investment of so many members of this community. Look at any one of the images posted here and you see the work that went into the food, the planning, the set up, the organization, the raffles, the community and professional relations, the clean up and the planning for the next meeting the following month.

To those who work so hard to make these events and this community work so well and provide so much fun, you may occasionally think that no one notices all the planning and effort it takes to makes this stuff happen. However, I and most of the rest of us do and very much appreciate your investment in this community. To the officers and everyone else who plan, cook, organize, set up and implement these incredibly cool events, we thank and salute you!

Next time you see one of these folks, thank them and buy them a drink. They've earned it. /Cheers, folks! 🍻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Even though I am unable to make it to most meetings, I am continually impressed by the investment of so many members of this community. Look at any one of the images posted here and you see the work that went into the food, the planning, the set up, the organization, the raffles, the community and professional relations, the clean up and the planning for the next meeting the following month.

To those who work so hard to make these events and this community work so well and provide so much fun, you may occasionally think that no one notices all the planning and effort it takes to makes this stuff happen. However, I and most of the rest of us do and very much appreciate your investment in this community. To the officers and everyone else who plan, cook, organize, set up and implement these incredibly cool events, we thank and salute you!

Next time you see one of these folks, thank them and buy them a drink. They've earned it. /Cheers, folks! 🍻

Thanks for the Kudos ! Just to give you all a sense of the behind the scenes here is just one of the many lists I keep. These things would never happen without a core group of dedicated individuals as well as all the volunteers who take their responsibilities seriously. There are so many places where things could go wrong if someone doesn’t do their part. It takes a lot of trust and passion and all of you never cease to amaze me !

ABBB6AC6-B028-45A0-B2F0-F9A68A180BBD.pngAAFC8B82-BABD-4705-B841-27D6D79FAD7A.png

• Like 3

I do have a ton of pictures but unfortunately I have been super busy with my business, pond season, and family medical issues again.

I assure you all that I have plenty of photos that I will share here shortly. Thanks for getting it in motion my friends, it was a great time.

• Like 5

@badxgillen still waiting on those pictures! :popcorn:

Nice job again all of you. With the the Scopas auction and Jeff’s donation of the food and group buys SARC made 5k! It’s a great organization offering support for victims as well as resources for prevention. Thank you all again. As corny as it sounds it fills my heart with great joy to be surrounded by all the kind hearted and generous reefers in this hobby.  People always wonder why even when I’m without a tank why I stick around. I stick around because I have a joy for all things in the ocean and I consider you all friends for life.

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

@badxgillen still waiting on those pictures! :popcorn:

Nice job again all of you. With the the Scopas auction and Jeff’s donation of the food and group buys SARC made 5k! It’s a great organization offering support for victims as well as resources for prevention. Thank you all again. As corny as it sounds it fills my heart with great joy to be surrounded by all the kind hearted and generous reefers in this hobby.  People always wonder why even when I’m without a tank why I stick around. I stick around because I have a joy for all things in the ocean and I consider you all friends for life.

And we are all glad you do stick around-  besides, you know you will have another tank eventually, just a matter of when 😁

Great party supporting a great cause organized by great people at at great store - hard to beat that! Thanks to all who chipped in to make it work. I noticed a few familiar faces in those pics...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well lets just say that that Cinco De Mayo celebration was one of the best ever at Cuttlefish and Corals. The massive turnout of people who attended were greeted by the pleasant aromas of authentic Mexican food, sights of beautiful corals, and the friendly banter of fellow hobbyists.

This was a day that I am glad I did not miss.

SAM_3879.JPG

Culinary wizard Sirena setting up the delectable dishes before opening.Her and Scott spent a number of hours working days before the actual event preparing such a feast, and it was wonderful.

SAM_3882.JPG

To have things run so smoothly with so much going on there needed to be some delegation of tasks. Emerald, Gill&Fin, Jeremevans, and Albertareef syncing clocks for operation CNC De Mayo!.. Just kidding, raffle ticket sales, and coordination were on their minds right here.

SAM_4089 (2).JPG

Seen standing here manning the group buys area is Lexinverts, in the Poma Lab shirt, and next to him is the Flash. So many people showed up early to lend a hand showing great community camaraderie.

SAM_4072.JPG

The amount of raffle prizes was vast and with all the proceeds going to a great cause it was a great time to throw down a little more cash and feel good about it.

SAM_4107 (2).JPG

Maybe an hour after opening the store started filling up! I see Eclipse in there amongst the crowd and ReefNJunkie in the background holding down the fort.

SAM_4029.JPG

Needles to say that the booming music and festive atmosphere attracted a ton of people from all around.

SAM_3897.JPG

FlashyFins, Stylaster, and Gumby from up north. 

SAM_3856.JPG

JackTheReefer and Bubbles getting the game plan going, it's gonna be busy that's for sure.

SAM_3877.JPG

HigherThinking doing some higher thinking about his new huge custom tank build.

SAM_3998.JPG

Mark admiring one of Cuttlfish and Coral's displays, this is the one with the Crinoid in it as well as some high roller corals and fish.

SAM_4014.JPG

SunCrestReef with some camera gear, as usual, knowing that today there will be many good subjects for a photography session.

SAM_4038 (2).JPG

Snappy having a good time! A good looking reef tank can have this effect on people like us.

SAM_4027.JPG

The Clark and his daughter stopped in for a while to pick up some goodies.

SAM_4024 (2).JPG

PDXMonkeyBoy just working hard slinging out those corals! Kudos to you and Holly for the huge contributions to that day. You Da Man!

SAM_4046 (2).JPG

Had to include a few shots of some familiar and unfamiliar faces. Here you may know this coral caper as the ZorroReef.

SAM_4042 (2).JPG

So many people having a great time! Just look at Optimus Prime in the background getting in on this fun photo.

SAM_4052 (2).JPG

Youcallmenny trying for the duck and cover tactic...Or maybe it was just so packed with people at the time this was the only shot I got. It was hoppin that's for sure.

SAM_3977 (2).JPG

SAM_4115 (2).JPG

WhatTheFrag in the mix getting his reef on, those group buys were killer weren't they!?

SAM_4003.JPG

On the left here we have the main man Jeff, owner of Cuttlfish and Corals and host of the day. Here he is doing what he does, informing people on the livestock in the shop and finding what suits their personal needs. He likes what he does and is very good at it which makes all the difference in the works when it comes to the marine hobby trade. Like others with passion he has come a long way over the years.

SAM_4062.JPG

Not just the inside was packed but so was the front of the building with the raffle tables, Reefrun getting those tickets in before the numbers are called.

SAM_4077 (2).JPG

And the back of the building were the food was in full effect! There were three tents in the back and all of them were used, it was a super nice an sunny day making the outdoors even more appealing.You can kinda see Spectra to the far right just grilling meats like a mad man over the BBQ. He does an amazing job, along with SIrena who is right behind him in this shot. Soooo many people!

SAM_4081 (2).JPG

Just mobbing the CNC parking lot! Reefer ran and owned!

SAM_3896.JPG

And as usual a couple of gratuitous coral pictures.

SAM_3949 (2).JPG

And lets not forget about this little guy, wish he would come in front of the tank for a better shot but he wasn't feeling the Spanish vibe I guess.

A HUGE thank you to all who made it happen, especially Kim, Sirena, Scott, and Scott! So much work involved in these things. Much respect.

And Thank You to Jeff and the Cuttlefish crew for having all of us out and getting together such a huge raffle pool for the charity.

All in all, outstanding!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Awww yeah !!!:yippee::clap:Love love love your write ups Bert! You really capture the vibe of the party! Kudos to Jeff! Massive amount of pressure for sure for Jeff and his CNC crew! Takes a special kind of owner to open up his shop , provide all the food and raffle items and provide such generous group buys. And let’s not also forget he actually provided one of his tanks to Holly to sell her frags. 

As Salt and Pepa would say: @CuttleFishandCoral

5A1E0814-051F-4401-8668-CDDB66F45B09.jpeg

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 3