Hello from Portland!

Spschampion

Hi,

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and my tank. I’m relatively new to the hobby and I have a 120 gallon reef tank with a 30 gallon sump. I bought the system used and have had it up and running for about six months. I have a bunch of different types of corals, but I seem to be into sps the most. Looking to learn anything and everything I can! Thanx 

• Like 4

Welcome!  Sounds like you're well on your way.  Your tank is about 6 months behind mine in age, so I've had recent experience with the progression of a new tank.  Post some photos and give us a description of your setup when you have a chance.  Also, feel free to ask advice if you're having any particular problems.  There are many people her with good advice.

Welcome!  I’m sure you will find lots of experienced reefers on here to help answer questions. Like any of us who love SPS patience is key - that and not getting too disappointed when things go wrong because they will, even for the most successful reefkeepers. Oh yeah, and like monkey boy says - don’t get too attached to your money if you love SPS 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 9:11 PM, Spschampion said:

Hi,

Just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and my tank. I’m relatively new to the hobby and I have a 120 gallon reef tank with a 30 gallon sump. I bought the system used and have had it up and running for about six months. I have a bunch of different types of corals, but I seem to be into sps the most. Looking to learn anything and everything I can! Thanx 

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Glad to see some healthy corals. To further spread your coral love, please take a moment and fill out the member map: http://www.pnwmas.org/membermap/

On 6/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, Spschampion said:

Thanx!!! This hobby is really addicting. Very enjoyable though! Look forward to watching things grow! 

Also, if you can handle those corals, you should join us in future grow-outs. They are some of the most fulfilling coral efforts on the forum. Not only do we make 10-20 frags of a unique species of coral for propagation and vitality, but it's also is a good team effort to get cheap coral.

• 3 weeks later...