• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JK47
      Before I spend a ton on materials for the next build, I want to see if anyone is aware of any large acrylic tanks that are used and/or reasonably priced? Leaks, scratches,  seams, repairs needed etc.. are no problem, my son and I like to restore tanks anyway  
      looking for 8x4 or larger (any size with 48” or more width). No need for a show tank. Cash in hand. 
    • By NateDawg
      So I'm planning on using a bluefish mini WiFi controller with the mean well ldd-h drivers for my 180 build. The highest amperage driver they have is a 1500mA one. And I'd need more like 4500mA for the Royal blue channel alone. So my main question is, can you run more than one ldd-h driver off of one pwm channel signal so I can get a total of 4500mA, the outputs of the drivers won't be connected in anyway. I tried to draw a basic of what I want to do.

• By NateDawg
      Decided to build my own calcium reactor after doing alot of research on them and ended up with this.I was looking a for a good cost effective build and I really liked the look and simplicity of Geo's reef reactors, but for the size I needed, the price was a bit high, especially since they only came with a.c. pumps. So this one will be able to handle systems up to 300 gallons plus another hundred if a secondary reaction chamber is added onto it. My total cost for everything, including tools and solvent cements was $127.89. (Seems like a pretty good price for a D.C. Calc. Reactor)

• By NateDawg
      Has anybody on here ever grown there own phytoplankton before? I just built a phytoplankton growing station and I've got everything all ready except I'm not sure what to use as fertilizer, I keep seeing something named f/2 which is a specific for marine algae fertilizer. I also see people using miracle grow, not something I would do personally as I don't know the exact ingredients, but some reefers on forums say it's bad because of heavy metals, mainly copper. While doing research I found two separate formulas for the f/2 fertilizer that everyone says to use and both contain copper sulfate?!? That to me seems like that last thing I'd want to put in my tank.... with that being said, anyone know of something different to use as the fertilizer? I was almost thinking of trying a mix of potassium nitrate and some other stuff that would be already used to dose tanks with. I'll attach the formula for the fertilizer that everyone seems to be suggesting to use.
      f_2_medium.pdf
    • By RockChalk
      I'm the living embodiment of a DIYer (chicken coop✅, playground ✅, keeping the house from falling down ✅).
      I've been really inspired by all the stories on this site and others to take on a new tank setup from the ground up. 
      So I'm looking for a tank that is at least 60 gal (I'm not stuck on this size and am curious about everyone's thoughts on an ideal size) to begin. 
      I'd also love to hear recommendations (and horror stories) that might help guide this spring/summer project. 
      My goal is to build the stand to fit the tank and then add all the equipment and plumbing (slowly since my money tree died). This will be my first foray into sump land. I've used every other type of filter out of fear of all the components involved in a sump, so I'm going to try and overcome that fear. 
      Thanks for being a great resource and creating such a robust community.