marine depot

Neptune Systems Trident: Going, Going, GONE!

11 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

an ad to tell us it's sold out lol

The irony is that we are being criticized elsewhere for not putting out any marketing for the Trident launch. We created a ton but it sold out before we had the opportunity to deploy it!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

so what's the reasonable timeline to get one without having to fight for it. We've all waited 2+ years for it, few more months won't make my tank crash. I would like one when it's readily in stock

Just now, Manny Tavan said:

so what's the reasonable timeline to get one without having to fight for it. We've all waited 2+ years for it, few more months won't make my tank crash. I would like one when it's readily in stock

June is a safe bet!

• Thanks 1

got it! Thanks. I think managing expections goes a long way with a product like that. Lots of upset people out there already ūüėÉ

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, marine depot said:

The irony is that we are being criticized elsewhere for not putting out any marketing for the Trident launch. We created a ton but it sold out before we had the opportunity to deploy it!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Hey Jeff - appreciate you coming on to give some insight into this.  As Manny mentioned, there seem to be quite a few (understandably) upset buyers who either weren't able to get in on time, got bumped, or see units "mysteriously" show up on ebay before they could have even been delivered to legit customers.  Obviously there are always plenty of people willing to game the system for a buck so I think it's important for vendors to get out in front of this whenever/wherever possible with good information.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Hey Jeff - appreciate you coming on to give some insight into this.  As Manny mentioned, there seem to be quite a few (understandably) upset buyers who either weren't able to get in on time, got bumped, or see units "mysteriously" show up on ebay before they could have even been delivered to legit customers.  Obviously there are always plenty of people willing to game the system for a buck so I think it's important for vendors to get out in front of this whenever/wherever possible with good information.

Some shoppers who were lucky enough to get an order in for a Trident before stock dwindled seem to be taking their good fortune to try and make a better fortune.

I give Marine Depot's ecommerce competition the benefit of the doubt here. I don't believe they would do that with their own inventory. It wouldn't be worth the risk of losing your selling privileges.

Most online stores nowadays have real-time inventory, but in cases like this, discrepancies are bound to happen. I haven't heard of any yet internally, but I am keeping my ear to the ground. 

I will concede that when I learned how few units we would be receiving in the first shipment, I was pretty certain we'd sell out almost immediately and upset folks.

However, for the most part, this seems to be a big win from a marketing perspective for Neptune Systems. People are in a frenzy! It's all anyone is talking about today. Our call center is blowing up!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Edited by marine depot

19 minutes ago, marine depot said:

Some shoppers who were lucky enough to get an order in for a Trident before stock dwindled seem to be taking their good fortune to try and make a better fortune.

I give Marine Depot's ecommerce competition the benefit of the doubt here. I don't believe they would do that with their own inventory. It wouldn't be worth the risk of losing your selling privileges.

Most online stores nowadays have real-time inventory, but in cases like this, discrepancies are bound to happen. I haven't heard of any yet internally, but I am keeping my ear to the ground. 

I will concede that when I learned how few units we would be receiving in the first shipment, I was pretty certain we'd sell out almost immediately and upset folks.

However, for the most part, this seems to be a big win from a marketing perspective for Neptune Systems. People are in a frenzy! It's all anyone is talking about today. Our call center is blowing up!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

BRS started selling early last night around 11:45pm. Said they had 60 units, got my order in at 11:55 and was down to 40 units left. 

Got an email today saying I’m put on back order, so they clearly bumped me for there higher spending customers that didn’t make it in time. Marine Depot is 100x better 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInside said:

BRS started selling early last night around 11:45pm. Said they had 60 units, got my order in at 11:55 ÔĽŅand was down to 40 units left.¬†

Got an email today saying I‚Äôm put on back order, so they clearlyÔĽŅ bumped me for there higher spending customers that didn‚Äôt make it in time. Marine DepÔĽŅot is 100x better¬†

Thank you for your kind words! It is frustrating when we are told to wait until a certain time to launch ... and then other stores start selling early seemingly without repercussions. Sadly the same thing happened Black Friday. It is what it is, though. We can't let what others do deter us from being the best MD we can be!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Like 1

I got mine from you guys and you shipped it same day. Thank you so much! 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jonas503 said:

I got mine from you guys and you shipped it same day. Thank you so much! 

Love it! Please let us know how you like it by writing a product review on our website once you've got it up and running. 

Have an awesome day!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

• Like 1