Spare snail shells for hermit crab?

My largest hermit crab, Lefty (shown below) is outgrowing his shell and needs a new home.  Does anyone have any empty shells between 3/4" - 1" diameter to spare?  I'll be at CNC tomorrow for the Cinco de Mayo party, and will gladly toss you a free raffle ticket in exchange for some shells.  Who knows...a snail shell could win you a $250 gift card or a Waterbox aquarium!

IMG_5285.jpg

23 minutes ago, Newreefer02 said:

I have 3 conch shells I could give you if your interested

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Are they the typical elongated-type conch shells?  I'd prefer something more compact like a turbo snail shell (like his current home) so he doesn't knock too much stuff over.  The less he's dragging around the better.

6 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

My largest hermit crab, Lefty (shown below) is outgrowing his shell and needs a new home.  Does anyone have any empty shells between 3/4" - 1" diameter to spare?  I'll be at CNC tomorrow for the Cinco de Mayo party, and will gladly toss you a free raffle ticket in exchange for some shells.  Who knows...a snail shell could win you a $250 gift card or a Waterbox aquarium!

IMG_5285.jpg

I got you covered, how many and what kind do you want?20190504_170949.jpg

I've got many more if none of these strike your fancy.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I got you covered, how many and what kind do you want?20190504_170949.jpg

I've got many more if none of these strike your fancy.

Holy cow!!! What, do you just eat escargot every day???

I'm hoping for turbo snail or astraea shells, about 3/4" to 1" across.  Something not too wide or bulky.  Maybe an assortment of 5 shells would be awesome. 

2 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Holy cow!!! What, do you just eat escargot every day???

I'm hoping for turbo snail or astraea shells, about 3/4" to 1" across.  Something not too wide or bulky.  Maybe an assortment of 5 shells would be awesome. 

Haha nope. I just can't keep snails alive 😂 

Jk... I beach comb quite a bit and use the not so pretty seashells as reactor media in my calcium reactor cuz it's cheap and free lol. I'll give yah a goodie bag of various ones.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Haha nope. I just can't keep snails alive 😂 

Jk... I beach comb quite a bit and use the not so pretty seashells as reactor media in my calcium reactor cuz it's cheap and free lol. I'll give yah a goodie bag of various ones.

Thank you!  See you tomorrow.

Aww how cute lol, I used to have a Scarlet hermit crab that liked to change his shell it seemed like almost daily. A lot of the shells tended to have Xenia or Kenya tree coral stalks growing on them, was pretty funny to see. I try to keep lots of extra shells for the hermits so they are less tempted to try to steal a living snail's shell!

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

@NateDawg Do you still have that big shell collection?  Lefty continues to grow and is now in need of a shell around 1.25" - 1.5".  PM me if you have anything that might work.

I'll check and see, most of the stuff is alot smaller because it works better in the calcium reactor.

• Like 1