Branch live rock for sale or trade

EMeyer

After struggling to get enough live rock for a project, I suddenly find myself with a little more than I need. This weighs in at 3.5 lbs but is low density so it takes up more space than the weight would suggest. I'd sell this rock for $40 or trade for coral frags.

This is imported from Tonga, shipped damp, and has been stored in good conditions since arrival (underwater with good circulation). Its very low density and porous, being more or less hollow coral branches. Its got a lot of good coralline growth. The size would be appropriate for a nano. 

I have no place to put this currently except in a sump, and it seems to pretty for a sump so I figured I'd see if anyone else needs nano rock...

4375b567-f317-4964-b894-18b6cd648d82-ori

Edited by EMeyer

19 hours ago, Micksfish said:

howd you get Tonga branch? I thought it was pretty much impossible to get this stuff anymore.

I have an educational account with a wholesaler, who imports this from a mariculture facility in Tonga. I have also been frustrated by the lack of actual live rock in the market currently!

On that note, I recently also bought some of this stuff

https://www.liverocknreef.com/catalog/live-rock-specials-with-shipping-included./fiji-saltwater-live-rock-7915.html

Its by far the nicest live rock I've seen in the last five years, it has all the growth of real live rock, thick sponges and coralline and tunicates. The only downside is that its fake rock (cement / rubble / shells) instead of actual dead corals. If anyone else is looking for a bunch of live rock with actual life on it, that stuff is great. 

What I am selling here is genuine live rock (dead corals with encrusting growth on it), but not as much growth as the Fiji stuff. Still, beautiful colors and lots of life.

I have several potential buyers lined up in PMs (first come first serve), so I am pretty sure this is sold.