I'm back!

It took 23 hours of taxis, airports, and layovers to get home from France yesterday.  While I was away, several cool things happened:

My two clownfish who have kept to themselves in the upper corner of my tank for the past 11 months finally decided to explore the anemone! I had given up hope and almost sold the anemone last month because I assumed they weren't interested. But I was amazed when I got home to see the anemone hosting the clownfish:

The other cool thing is that my Avast Marine custom porthole arrived. My Nikon 200mm macro lens is really long and the focus working distance makes it impossible to do top-down photos of corals in shallow water using stock camera portholes. I contacted Dan at Avast Marine and ordered a custom extra-extra-long porthole. Here it is alongside the standard and XL porthole:

IMG_6214.jpg

Now I'm able to position the camera far enough away from the coral while still having the porthole submerged:

IMG_6222.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 11.06.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 11.14.30 AM.png

The trip was great, but I'm really glad to be home.  And I'm really glad everything in my tank is looking healthy and happy!

See you all on Sunday at CNC.

Edited by SuncrestReef
  • Like 6

I just love your tank! You have amazing corraline growth, the nem I got from you a while back is doing great!! I'm glad you guys had fun on your vacation [emoji4] isn't it fascinating to see your Clownfish finally go into their anenome for the first time! I never thought mine would in my old tank, it took almost two years then I woke up one morning and they were all snuggled up in it's tentacles! I'm still waiting for my new Black Ice Clownfish to find one of the Nems in my new 50, hasn't been long enough yet to start thinking of stuff to try and coax them into one... I might try putting a rock with a nem or two in their sleeping spot (bottom left front corner) to see if it works

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1