How long should I wait?

DaMonsterMonster

Wait til your sps frags are growing and tank is stable. Clams are filter feeders so they don’t mind a little dirty water(fish waste...tha basic dirty water).

The thjngs clams cannot tolerate:

Predators!!! the list is HUGE for clam predators. Even fish that you would never think would bother a clam can! Inverts too!

Unstable water-but if your sos are doing ok, clams should be fine! Ca, Alk, temp...

Poor lighting-clams love intense light, the more the merrier. This isn’t really a problem in todays aquariums:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Mandinga said:

Wait til your sps frags are growing and tank is stable. Clams are filter feeders so they don’t mind a little dirty water(fish waste...tha basic dirty water).

The thjngs clams cannot tolerate:

Predators!!! the list is HUGE for clam predators. Even fish that you would never think would bother a clam can! Inverts too!

Unstable water-but if your sos are doing ok, clams should be fine! Ca, Alk, temp...

Poor lighting-clams love intense light, the more the merrier. This isn’t really a problem in todays aquariums:)

My green slimer I got a couple months ago has 4 new branches sprouting and is about 50% longer than it was. Acans are growing like crazy as well as blastos and zoas. Been running kalkwasser in the ato and dosing anything else as needed. Have coraline everywhere even have been scraping it off the glass lately. Running an ai prime HD which melted my hammers when I got it....

Sounds ready. You do have fish as well correct? Clams are filter feeders and appreciate a little ammonia from fish waste.

What inverts and fish do you have? Clams are Tastyyyyy!

I have always had better luck with medium size clams. TPA had some dandies a couple weeks ago. And i have seen some absolute gems at cuttlefish evert time i visit.

If you do pull the trigger, just remember to test your parameters as clams have been reported to change the uptake of Ca in tanks...I never noticed a difference personally, but if your tank is smaller you may.