Which fish have the best personalities?

xxkenny90xx

Also the blue spot jawfish would be awesome, anybody have any experience with one (I've also read that they don't do well in warm tanks)? 

Yay! You won't be disappointed if you do! They are by far the most entertaining critters I've ever had in a reef tank. If you don't keep frags in your sand bed you're good! Frag racks can solve that for you though. I didn't buy mine as a pair originally, I found the yellow watchman goby first at Saltwater Obsessions in Gresham then a couple months later found the Tiger Pistol Shrimp at The World Of Wet pets in Beaverton. They found each other in the tank almost immediately after I added the Pistol Shrimp, really interesting how that's instinctual! Oh and thanks again for the Hydor pump! I'm using it now for the return pump in my 50, it's quieter than my Danner model 5 and more flow. Would love to see what [emoji226] you end up with 

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Well here's what we ended up with. Got them about a week ago and our big tang chased the tiny goby into hiding right away. We thought he was a gonner for sure until my daughter spotted them today! 

20190525_154024.thumb.jpg.c06f2f22c55730bedd857fb434060bd6.jpg

Aww that's awesome [emoji4][emoji3590] you got a Goby Pistol Shrimp pair! Yeah mine hid for a few days at first too. I think you'll really like them, when they get more comfortable you'll see especially the goby a lot standing guard. I would always target feed the shrimp to make sure it ate, I would just use a turkey baster and squirt food in the cave. Looks like they've already been working on their cave digging lol.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

I love all the jawfish. The building of the cave & the hoarding of objects cracks me up. The frowny face & nonviolent grumpiness are pretty solid as well. A perennial favorite at the bar. 

I don’t do blue spot jawfish anymore because my tanks are too warm for them to thrive. We have a dusky one now, & a couple yellow heads in QT, all fantastic fish. If I could have only one fish, it might be a jawfish. 

• Like 1