Big thanks to Jeff at Cuttlefish & Corals!

youcallmenny

12 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

Wow, day 3 and one of these 26's is dead as dead can be.  Here's hoping they honor their warranty service.  Until then I guess I'm back down to subpar lighting.  Anyone else have problems with AI products just dying?  

Wow that’s crazy. I have had the prime and the hd prime and one running on the grandkids tank with no issues.  That sucks . I would hope they send you a brand new one . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, youcallmenny said:

C'est la vie!  Not fun for the moment but the lights are awesome.  It's still relieving knowing I have an obviously working answer at hand. 

Yes but the reason I resist automation is because I get really ticked off when it fails and I’m not very handy . :comp: If it doesn’t work after I turn it off and on , unplug it , hit it , or yell at it then I’m at a loss ....:beatdeadhorse: Good thing I know people I can call! 

• Haha 1

Wow, day 3 and one of these 26's is dead as dead can be.  Here's hoping they honor their warranty service.  Until then I guess I'm back down to subpar lighting.  Anyone else have problems with AI products just dying?  

I've had great experiences with their customer support over the years. My newest 26 was cutting off due to overheating, but the cooling fan was stuck and once I flicked the fan blade it started running fine and has worked fine for 6 months. Regardless, been very happy with their products and support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good input @Willapa, thank you.  I absolutely love the lights, don't get me wrong.  The RMA is all set up already and it'll get mailed out tomorrow.  You're right, they are very easy to deal with! Despite the setback, I understand that things like this happen with electronics and it's out of anyone's power to stop it.  I should be back up and running at full strength inside the week.  Nothing good happens fast, as we say!

• Like 2