huge sunset monti colony

junior

I have had this Monti for about 4 years. Since changing lights I haven't been able to color it up to its old glory and I want to transition away from SPS. Under high-intensity lighting, it was bright orange with glowing green polyps. Now it is showing those colors only on the top parts of the rock. The close-up picture shows its brighter color.

It is about 12-14"x8-10"x3" and covers every inch of that top rock. Asking $250 for the whole colony and anything else that may be attached to that rock.

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mesamech said:

That is a beautiful piece!

Thank you. Its usually bright orange base with green polyps, but it wants more light than I have and is taking up a good portion of that side.

I know frags go for $20-50 per square inch, but the thought of taking a saw to it saddens me. 

Edited by junior

8 hours ago, junior said:

Thank you. Its usually bright orange base with green polyps, but it wants more light than I have and is taking up a good portion of that side.

I know frags go for $20-50 per square inch, but the thought of taking a saw to it saddens me. 

I don’t think you’re gonna get any takers particularly as it is browned out a bit. I love montis and the sunset can turn very easily. It was usually due to stability and alk being too low . You also have to watch out for pests. 

I would take it out and dip it and check your parameters particularly alk. The good news is I was usually able to get the color back with more stable parameters.

0CA97B25-E8B2-4D0C-A0EC-49C1261129D8.jpeg

Edited by Emerald525